All reviews main building garden room motel style western hotels superior room lovely grounds town centre good size old house stayed here for two nights short stay pleasant stay excellent breakfast good nights sleep biscuits wedding menu
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We stayed overnight on the 25th August 2018 being regular best western guests we had no hesitation ion booking the priory hotel ,, but unfortunately this hotel was a disappointment to us and is major one to best western.. Garden room acc was holiday camp style & dated. Bed was awfully hard & uncomfortable . The ongoing building work is major and very disruptive. Some areas are quite unsafe for guest with raised patio stones loose gravel etc . Lumps of stone being used to hold open the doors . Breakfast was unorganised, chaortic,unable to provide full breakfast after running out of supplies. Breakfast took 1,30 mins due to under staffing.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank dawnsharp2017
Kim D, General Manager at Best Western Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear Dawn,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Priory Hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as you expected and that we did not meet our usual standards of service.
The site team and my team members are trying to keep the disruption of our expansion and refurbishment work to a minimum and we apologise that this impacted so heavily on your visit.
By the end of this year we will have gained a new glass walled restaurant, bar and lounge with unobstructed views and access into our walled garden. The main hotel will also be seeing a lot of changes with the move of Reception and a revamp including new carpets through out the common areas. Our guest rooms are part of our rolling refurbishment and we have already started on 7 of our existing rooms; alongside the build of a new floor of rooms.
I will be speaking with my teams to find out why there was such a delay in breakfast service on the morning following your stay, please be assured that this is not our usual.
Please feel free to contact me here at the hotel if you wish to discuss your concerns with myself directly; my email is generalmanager@prioryhotel.co.uk
I look forward to hearing from yoursled.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Stayed here as visiting friends nearby and whilst a little tired, they are renovating, it was great value and all you could ask for with good staff.

Good sized room with all you need and with breakfast included.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Priory Hotel.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
The team and I are hoping to have the new bar, lounge and restaurant ready by the end of October and the remained of our refurbishment, including the move of Reception, done by the New Year.
If we can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. The building work did make our movement around the site more difficult, however did not affect the experience too drastically. I am sure when completed the upgrade/extension will enhance the hotel generally. The staff we encountered were very good and responded positively to all our requests. Kelsey, the receptionist on duty when we arrived at the hotel, was especially helpful and made us feel very welcome during our stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
Kim D, General Manager at Best Western Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Croo,

The new extension to the main hotel will be our new 100 seat restaurant, bar and lounge, glass walled to enable unobstructed views into our walled garden.

I have passed on your kind words to all my teams, and especially to the team member mentioned.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Priory Hotel in the future to see all the exciting changes that are happening. If we can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us here at the hotel.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Excellent staff and food good. Unfortunately, my room was on top of the building site they have and the level of noise from builders and machinery was ridiculous. Coupled with that was the noise from the kitchen situated below my room at 0600hrs just added to the problem. BWPH you need to alert people to the fact that you are refurbishing, therefore managing their expectations.

Room tip: No where near building works or above kitchens
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank csfieldhouse
Kim D, General Manager at Best Western Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear CSFieldhouse,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Priory Hotel.
While I am pleased that my teams were able to make your stay enjoyable, and have already passed on your compliments, I am sorry to hear that our building work impacted on your time with us. I have personally checked that our websites, including our own, Best Western and booking.com pages, all have the information relating to our build.
We have been trying to take every step to lessen the disruptions to our guests & please be assured that I have spoken with my kitchen and my site teams to minimise the noise in the early hours to the absolute minimum.
I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Priory Hotel in the future to see the final results of our extensive building and redevelopment works. If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Stayed here on the last day of a 300 mile bike ride from South Wales to Norfolk, hoping for a restful experience. On the hottest day of the year dinner was served in a stifling dining room with no ventilation. Portions were disappointing. But the real coup de grace came on returning to the room to find ants coming up the overflow of the sink. Phoned reception where the person answering (apparently the manager) was most unhelpful, said we couldn't have any ant powder or spray as they were locked in the housekeeping cupboard and she didn't have the keys! So I googled how to get rid of ants without ant powder and apparently they don't like talcum powder or instant coffee so had to spread this all over the sink and where the ants were coming in, creating a mess and rendering it unusable. Next morning no apology or concern from the same person, and only £20 taken off the bill, when really should have had the room for free as it wasn't fit for purpose. One to avoid, definitely!

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank Richard G
Kim D, General Manager at Best Western Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Richard,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Priory Hotel; I am sorry to hear that we were not able to provide the standard of care that you expected. We have a lot of work ongoing at the moment which includes the refurbishment of existing guest rooms.
Our restaurant menu will be chancing with the introduction of our new glass walled restaurant in a few months time, which will also have air conditioning as well as doors that open direct into the garden. We are unable to open the current windows as the building work would have potentially cause debris and dust to be blown into the restaurant.
I am also sorry that I was unable to help with the ants that were in the room - I was unable to locate the ant power and the only other place was the cupboard that I could not gain access to. When I spoke with my head of housekeeping the next morning, I was informed that we did not have any at that time, either in that particular cupboard or on site.
I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns regarding the bill if you could email or call me directly at the hotel; I can be reached on 01284 766 181 or generalmanager@prioryhotel.co.uk .
Again, we are sorry that your stay here was not to our usual standards and I do hope that you will return to see the changes that are happening to the Priory Hotel. I look forward to hearing from you.