We had our wedding here in March and I am a very surprised by some other reviews on here. Ravenwood Hall is a first class venue with first class food and service. Our wedding day went absolutely smoothly, as did the planning leading up to it. Nothing was too much trouble for Yvonne the wedding co-ordinator or the Chef, who we met to discuss our menu with. We had over 80 guests for a sit down meal in the Pavilion and practically every single guest commented on how fabulous the food was. For a rosette awarded restaurant they definitely delivered. My husband and I have eaten there a few times before the wedding and the food has always been to a standard you would expect, and we would definitely go back. We have always found the service very good, the waiters do they their jobs efficiently and are very friendly. The hotel rooms are lovely (I have looked at all of them on a wedding fayre open day) and make you feel special. My only negative on the hotel rooms is the price. They are expensive, even for a country retreat and I do feel if your booking a wedding, they could give 10% off to the bride/groom and guests like many other hotels do, however, we do feel that everything else is good value for the location/food/service that they offer.
The set up of our wedding on the day went brilliantly. I only had to tell Yvonne once the 'look' I was after and how I wanted all the tables, top table and cake table set up and the staff did not let me down. They did an awesome job in setting up and even I was taken aback at how lovely it looked, everything was exactly where I wanted it to be. The service during the day was great, no guest had an empty glass.
I would definitely recommend Ravenwood to anyone who wanted to hold their wedding there, or just go for a nice meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most historic hotels in Bury St Edmunds, steeped in nearly 500 years of history. Set in seven acres of landscaped woodlands and gardens, this country house hotel is easily accessible from the main A14. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, you will find a winter fireside welcome and a summer poolside welcome. Whatever your needs, you will find a little luxury in the atmosphere of a country home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ravenwood Hall Country Suffolk
- Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk