“Almost perfect, nine out of ten”
Review of Regatta Restaurant

Regatta Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Aldeburgh
Price range: USD 0 - USD 61
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Really good helpful, informal but well informed service. Very nice casual but up beat atmosphere that feels relaxes but not too laid back. The food was mostly delicious and very well presented on the plate. Small reservation about a plateful of scallops with no break for salad or anything else, which was a bit too rich and even made delicious scallops seem a little dull...this is a bit picky as all the other dishes were well balanced, but it was a slight disappointment.. Prices were not cheap but very good value for the content and skill. A very good evening with family and will definitely go again.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Went here with my girlfriend for my 18th birthday and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Completmentary Prosecco was offered for the occasion as well as an extra special dessert! I also have to say that the prawn tempura was perhaps one of the finest things I have ever eaten.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

My second visit to aldeburgh with the familly for a short weekend break was topped off with yet another fine meal at the Regatta. Being usually a meateater i thought i would change a habit of a lifetime and try some fish. I tried the hake from the specials with a creamy mushroom and artichoke ragout what a lovely melody of flavours. my wife had a duo of seabass and scallops on rissotto which she found simply devine, and the children had fresh chicken nuggets which makes a change to the normal procest rubbish some places serve. Well done and keep up the good work.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Having spent a lovely weekend in Aldeburgh, we visited the Regatta restaurant for lunch but what a disappointment. I ordered fish pie which should have contained cod, prawns, etc. in reality I was presented with a bowl of potato containing a white sauce full of onions. Yes - I do mean full of onions! The amount of fish contained within the pie would, if generous, have barely covered half a teaspoon Just to top it all, the pie was cold!. My companion had cod and chips. I have never seen such anaemic looking batter. It looked and I am told tasted awful!

This is the second time that we have visited the Regatta - the first time was not good but we were prepared to give it another try having read good reports but this was even worse! The restaurant was almost empty - there were just 6 other diners. Needless to say we will not be returning!

4  Thank Susan23149
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Recently had a birthday lunch here. Food was wonderful.. Can recommend tempura prawns as starters. Most of us had the venison for main, which was on as a special. Superb! Will definitely visit again!