“Perfect Property”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Gunfleet

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Scallop Sculpture, Aldeburgh Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

magb0w
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Perfect Property”
Reviewed 17 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Thirteen members of my family had a wonderful week here. The house was perfect for our needs: spacious, comfortable and in an ideal location, close to the beach and convenient for the town with its shops, pubs and restaurants. We would love to come back!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
timconnol...
Oxted, United Kingdom
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 16 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

I am sure Gunfleet is a lovely property. It looks amazing and that is why we booked and paid for it for a week over Easter. My brother and his family booked flights from the US for a family get together there. But a few weeks before the event the agent informed us that the owners had cancelled the booking because they wanted to use the house themselves over Easter. No apology. No offer of compensation.

So buyer beware - this could happen to you too.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
16 Apr 2017
Dear Mr Connolly

We were very sorry that we had a double booking in the property, I did explain to you how the error happened.

Several times I offered you alternative accommodation, which in each case you declined. In the course of our conversations I certainly did apologise.

Please accept my repeated apologies for this upset. I will be happy to explain to any future guests the deeper circumstances surrounding this matter.

Yours sincerely

Angela
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing