I booked the Brudenell because of its location - right on the sea shore. The beach is shingle and spotlessly clean - not a bit of debris in sight. The weather was sunny and the sea like a mill pond so a good start! We arrived early but our room was ready and we were able to check in. After a wander down the front and back through the High Street we decided the best place for chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc was The Brudenell - lovely terrace by the sea with the sun shining - perfect! The reception staff are friendly and efficient and a couple of requests we made were met with immediate action. Scott (deputy manager) was extremely obliging and made us feel very welcome. Dinner was exceptional - I asked for the sea bream to be changed to salmon whilst keeping the dish the same and this was met with a 'no problem'. The following day we wanted to do a 10 mile run before breakfast and were a little worried we wouldnt make it back by 10am the time breakfast finished - but Scott said he would ensure that would get our breakfast even if we were not back by this time! Fantastic service!
The decor is lovely throughout the hotel and the rooms really comfortable and well appointed with great bathrooms with a separate shower. We asked for an ice bucket to be sent up to our room - it arrived within 5 minutes complete with two glasses! Nothing was too much trouble was our feeling and this place deserves to be the number 1 hotel in Aldeburgh.
Downsides - well if you are on Vodafone you wont get a signal at all but maybe that could also be an upside!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an idyllic seaside setting, just a pebble's throw from Aldeburgh's shingle beach, the privately-owned Brudenell typifies all of the elements of a luxury four star seaside hotel. Following a complete refurbishment in 2010, it has been awarded 4 AA stars, a merit score of 85%, two rosettes and the coveted Visit Britain Gold Award. Our decadent bedrooms are distinctly decorated, incorporating vibrant colours so often associated with Aldeburgh and Suffolk. Enjoy soporific sea views, as well as beautiful views of the River Alde and the surrounding countryside. We are passionate about providing you with the very best service and a warm Suffolk welcome awaits you the minute you walk through the new doors of this fabulous hotel. So uniquely Aldeburgh. WiFi is available throughout the hotel for the convenience of our guests, the password for which can be obtained from reception. A stay at The Brudenell is perfect for those looking for a luxurious short break in Suffolk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms and Booking.com so you can book your The Brudenell Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brudenell Hotel Aldeburgh
- The Brudenell Hotel Aldeburgh, Suffolk