“Lunch with friends”
Review of The Derry

The Derry
Price range: USD 6 - USD 26
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Lunch with friends today . Good value but don't like eating on wooden boards as I don't think it can really be that hygienic . All meals lovely and service v good

2  Thank cantbebothered22

Reviewed 5 October 2017

A warm and friendly family pub with a wining combination of great food and top service.
Whatever the occasion, quiet drinks or something special The Derry is worth visiting- when Chris and the team have arranged events such as Haloween,Easter and Bonfire night they always exceed expectations, the weekend bouncy castle is always a BIG hit with the children!

2  Thank Charlieandfamily2017
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I've now been here several times with family and friends and it is fast becoming one of my favourite places to eat in the area. The staff are very friendly and very efficient.
On my last visit I had a fish cake starter off the specials board with a poached egg on top. The poached egg was cooked to perfection and was still runny when broken. The fish cake was light and beautifully tasty. My girlfriend had a gluten free goats cheese salad which she was very impressed with and was able to specify how she wanted it.

Then onto the mains; I had a parmo which was excellent but I've got to say the visit prior I had the hot seafood platter which was simply stunning and also a huge portion so I find it hard having anything else. My girlfriend went for the cold seafood platter which had a varied selection of quality seafood and was also a very generous portion.

I had sticky toffee pudding for dessert which came with a generous portion of sauce and a lovely ice cream which was clearly the farm type stuff as opposed to cheap catering style ice cream. The other half went for a selection of the ice creams and apparently all the flavours were delicious. Finally the drinks on offer were excellent with my girlfriend particularly pleased with a slingsbys rhubarb gin and proper ginger ale served in a large proper gin glass.

I'd definitely recommend the Derry for a guaranteed top quality meal that isn't going to break the bank. We have found it hard to find a good gluten free menu where the staff are clearly happy to work with you but the derry certainly ticks that box. All in all great to have such a great place a couple of miles up the road from us.

6  Thank Steve1418
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely pub with great atmosphere. Staff very friendly and efficient. Excellent homemade food and good menu choice. Would definitely revisit.

2  Thank Alison C
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I had booked a table for the Saturday night which was just as well; it would have been a shame to have been turned away from such an inviting place. I thought it has a well balanced menu, not over large but providing something for most people if they looked hard enough. The scallops with black pudding starter was particularly good and a great lead in to he lamb dish which was also excellent. I had some cheesy scallops (which were quite garlicky) then a monkfish in parma over a curried risotto; a suitably light dish to keep the body mass in check. A really nice place trying to do something different.

3  Thank Mike L