“Large party catered for!”

Moja Indian And Bangladeshi Takeaway
Price range: USD 0 - USD 19
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: Thank you for Visiting our Trip advisor page. Indian cuisine is a combination of subtle tastes. Flavours are as varied as the climate of lndia, and as exotic as the people. Fragrant and warm spices from the four corners of the country are delicately blended in meticulous proportions to create the dishes we present to you. Each dish will have its own distinctive flavour and aroma which cannot come from any curry powder, but from spices which have to be separately prepared each day for each individual dish. The blending and preparation of spices is a centuries old craft and is indispensable to Indian cuisine. At the Passage to India traditional dishes are rooted in the soil of Bangladesh, Northern India and they are prepared in our restaurant as in our own homes. We call nothing a curry that does not blend at least a dozen individual flavour of herbs and freshly ground spices into a piquant whole, and a meal that lacks half a score of these is not to be offered to anyone. The dishes we present to you are prepared with the addition of fragrant, warm and pungent spices from India, delicately blended in meticulous proportions. The distinctive flavour and aroma of each individual dish cannot come from the rancid tinned stuff ambiguously called curry powder, but from the spices separately prepared each day. We extend our cordial welcome to you. We are anxious that you should enjoy our cooking and service and that you should be comfortable whilst you are with us. If you need any clarification, or should you have any complaint, however small, please tell us and we will do our best to please you. We hope that you enjoy your take-away and please tell your friends. Please Note: Cholesterol free vegetable oil. Breast of chicken is used as standard. Leanest of meat & poultry. Ghee is strictly used on required dishes only. All our food handlers have a certificate in basic food hygiene. We use no genetically modified products. All vegetables are freshly cooked. Freshly prepared dishes on site, from chopping board to final serving of meal. Business and private parties catered for
Reviewed 7 January 2018

We ordered for a large family gathering, we put our order in the night before so it would be ready early the next night.
The food was lovely, large portions, we chose a variety of dishes, some new to us, we weren't disappointed.
Our family all have takeaways during the year from Mojas, friendly staff, quick service and gorgeous food.

1  Thank Barbara H

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Struggling to decide what to eat I decided to order a quick takeaway from Moja as I had heard a few good reports. I telephoned in my order before they opened at 4.45pm and collected at 5.10pm.
My food was ready and the young lady on the desk was very polite and friendly.
I got onion bahji (3) which were a good size and very nice. The chicken tikka biriyani was a decent size and cooked well. The naan bread was a good size and nice.
Overall good portions & good value for money.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I was informed my order would arrive at 6;10 so I when it didn’t arrive I rang them at 6:25 to be told it had already left the shop. The delivery turned up at 7:10 and I was going to refuse the food but I didn’t! God I wish I had now!! Popadoms were soft. Naan was stone cold, rice and curry were tepid at best!!! This place has just won an award but it was bad from start to finish! I will never order from here again! BTW the curry tasted nice enough but no better than any other Indian takeaways in the area! My advise is order from balti hut their food is tasty with excellent delivery times and the usually give free popadoms which are also crunchy as they should be! SHAME ON YOU MOJA!!!!!!!!

4  Thank 7508martin
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Most Friday nights we order a delivery takeaway because my wife works until 7.00pm and we get quoted delivered within 1 hour which is fine because they say meals are prepared fresh or cooked to order (I'm not sure which) so I ordered the meal on the way home from work. The usual quote "within the hour" was given which was great!
It was delivered within ten minutes.
Question - How do they cook the meals and deliver them within ten minutes.
I am waiting for my wife to arrive home. Our meal is now cold despite being possibly "micro waved". I asked the delivery man and he just laughed. It sounds trivial but are the meals cooked fresh to order?

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Hopper T
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Fish pakoras where inedible. Fish was all slimy inside and meat samosas were pale and soggy. Very disappointing I will not be returning

Date of visit: August 2017