“amazing food, if the only way wasn't essex”

The Orange Tree Bar and Grill
Ranked #21 of 591 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2017

Went on a Saturday night for a family dinner, been here once before and the food was faultless, expected much of the same. Honestly cannot fault the food, had the confit duck which was succulent and rich and literally drooling right now, looking forward to going back. For dessert shared an affogato and key lime pie, both sent me to coma heaven, the affogato especially (keyboard malfunction... drooling again). My only criticism, and no fault of the place was the big brother after party experience. Scantily clad bad tanned women and blokes drunkenly smashing glasses combined with Ibiza house music didn't float my family dinner party vibe. Maybe worth visiting on a weekday if you're after culinary delights. One of the best restaurants in Stoke.

1  Thank JC-GILL
Write a ReviewReviews (1,629)

Reviewed 24 February 2017

My husband and I had a night on our own from the children and debated on either Theatre or to try the Orange Tree. Im so glad we decided on the latter. It was really busy especially for a wednesday night. Its got a great vibe, great decor lovely low lighting. My first impressions were how refreshing it was. We had a delicious meal. In fact, we both said we dont think we have had food like this in a long time. Delicious crispy beef starter. My husband had tempura prawns. Just as delicious - i tried a bit!! The pork belly main was the best I have tasted. The portions were a really good size and we thought the cost was very reasonable considering just how good the food is here. We cannot wait to go back!! Probably next month as a treat!!

2  Thank ragdollyanna2000
Reviewed 21 February 2017

We visited for dinner on a Friday night. First impression were good.
The place was well decorated and romantically lit but very noisy and crowded.
Delicious food which at reasonable prices but the menu was a little limited in scope and, I have to say, the crispy beef was anything but!
The service was good and staff were friendly and approachable, however, our table was not in a good place (by the till which was repeatedly visited by staff) ;it was the only one left (apparently) although we had booked in advance,
Definitely not for families.
Might visit again, really not sure.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

This is my third visit to The Orange Tree due to its modern decor, quiet music, good food and lovely atmosphere. Would recommend one of the skewers (chicken £13.95) or burgers (wild boar and chorizo £14.95). Thanks to our server Petros for his attention to detail and gentle conversation. Would recommend booking in advance if you want a seat in the conservatory. See you soon.

1  Thank Sproxo
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

My partner gets sick of me suggesting and raving about this place. But it is truly amazing.

The steak is to die for, the drinks are fab and the service is good.

We visit most months and my partner always asks for a change. But here will always be my favourite ❤️

3  Thank Sunworshiper456