“Birthday meal”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I emailed the pub prior to booking a table for 13 people as my uncle is disabled and I wanted to make sure he would be able to get into the pub. They emailed back straight away and answered all my questions. The food was delicious and catered for our large group everyone in our party enjoyed their food which is very rare. The waitress was very friendly. We had a very enjoyable and relaxed meal. We will be re visiting the pub to try different dishes.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely little place, staff always very welcoming, food is great, lovely selection always cooked & presented really well. Great value for money.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I went here for my 21st birthday and ordered the 10oz rump, which was £12.95. The steak was very good, and came with a great selection of sides. The dauphinoise potatoes were incredible, some of the best I’ve ever tasted. I also had the peppercorn sauce, and although it was £2.30 for a relatively small pot, it was very tasty and worth it.

Overall, very impressed with the service, price and taste of the meal. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Emily C
Reviewed 10 July 2018

we went to this steakhouse for my Grandsons Birthday ordered the food and it took over an hour for it to come to the table I had a sirloin steak but it came smothered in black pepper which it did not state on the menu I could not eat it all as I like to put my own seasoning the rest was very nice but I was most dissapointed in the steak and the waiting time everybody was getting hungry and fed up

Reviewed 1 June 2018

The tartan 'coo' gives you a hint that this restaurant has some Scottish connection. Is it Aberdeen Angus or George Galloway? Read on...

Stopped by after searching for 'steak' on Google Maps whilst driving through on the A50. It looked a bit rough at the edges on first inspection, but inside was a different story. Despite having been a busy day for the staff they were very professional in heir approach - you could see they were exhausted, and soon we were fully fed and watered - including a succulent pud.

The Scottish connection was the haggis on the chicken. And it was served with neeps and tatties as well!