“Very fast service, great tasting pies”
Review of Pieminister

Pieminister
Ranked #20 of 590 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Price range: USD 8 - USD 11
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Trentham Estate is over 700 acres of landscaped garden and our Trentham café is situated in the retail village next door. With outdoor seating and a cosy interior it’s perfect for a pie-stop whether you are refuelling after a morning spent exploring the gardens or shopping in the village. Pieminister Trentham offers a wide range of tasty classic pies (there’s over 13 to choose from), a variety of gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan pies along with pastry-free skillets as well as tea, coffee and of course an amazing selection of cakes.
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I visited for the first time on a Sunday afternoon for a light lunch and sat in the outside dining area. I was spoilt for choice on the menu but decided to go with the Mexican inspired pie.

I placed my order with a very friendly member of staff at the till and our food was served very quickly (less than 5 mins) the pie was more than hot enough and the mash was smooth and creamy. I have since visited again and the same level of quality and service was shown.

I will definitely be visiting the restaurant in Trentham again soon.

2  Thank Josh W

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I must admit that I have eaten here before but not for a year or so. It was my Dad's 89th birthday and we decided to go out for lunch. The original idea was to go to the Six Arches restaurant (within the garden centre at Trentham) however it didn't work out very well.
My father and I arrived about 20 minutes before my partner and we decided we were going to have the steak and ale pie. By the time my partner arrived it had all gone and I asked if they had any more. "About half an hour" I was told so we decided to wait. That wait went on and on and eventually a single pie was produced - but we wanted 3! Oh, misunderstanding!!
In the interim my other half decided to have a cup of coffee and she said that the chap making it spilled the coffee into the saucer and virtually threw the milk jug at her. She felt he had a very unhelpful attitude.
After finding that there was only one pie instead of 3 we 'up-sticked' and left! My Plan B had been Pieminister and it was quite a long walk for my elderly father but we got there and the service was excellent. My father and my partner both had the Captain Nemo fish pies and I had the Kate & Sidney. All delivered to our table, piping hot but with excellent air conditioning in the restaurant so that the environment was very pleasant on a hot day. And a cup of Americano coffee each. None of it expensive by any means but tremendous value and staff who have a really good focus on customer service. I'm glad to see from other reviews that others have similar opinions. We'll be back I can tell you! And my other half was very taken with the screw top mini-milk bottles so we had to enquire where they came from - apparently eBay is your friend - but only if you need a shipping order!!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Delicious pies and an amazing selection with combinations and ingredients you wouldn't expect to see in a pie but all work so well. excellent highly recommend

Reviewed 14 June 2018

We visited today for lunch. I had Fish Pie and my Wife had Cottage Pie. The Cottage Pie contained four tiny pieces of meat and no gravy to speak of. There was an abundance of mashed potato, very disappointing. The same applied to my Fish Pie,very tiny amount of fish although it had more flavour than the Cottage Pie. £7 for each dish was poor value for money as both dishes contained 95% mashed potato. Would not recommend the potato topped meals.

2  Thank Ann H
Pieministerpies, Manager at Pieminister, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Hi Ann

I'm really sorry to hear you did not enjoy the food on your visit to our Trentham Garden restaurant.
If it's possible could you email me at sharon.vickers@pieminister.co.uk so that I can investigate this further as this is far from the standard we would hope to be serving to our guests.

Kind Regards
Sharon Vickers
Operations Manager
Pieminister

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

A little on the pricey side at £7 for a pie and a side but my chicken and mushroom pie was perfectly cooked and promptly served! I am a regular here so the prices clearly don’t put me off! Can highly recommend the vegan pie too!