“Perfect Steak! lovely place.”

The Plough Inn Kidsgrove
Ranked #139 of 591 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Price range: USD 2 - USD 10
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bar/bistro styled pub serving Steaks, sandwiches (chicken tikka, pulled pork, triple cheese) and quality pub classics (cod chips, burgers, lasagne etc). Quiz night on Thursdays and quality live entertainment on Friday. Two cask ales and three craft beers on draft including Brew dog,Brooklyn and Anchor steam Bitter. Erdinger,Leffe,Peroni also on draft.
Reviewed 21 October 2015

My wife and i visited with friends on a Friday night. The menu is not huge but it is very reasonable, most meals are around £7. My wife had a burger that she enjoyed, the rest of us went for sirloin steaks which were £10! but they only come with peas and chips, you can add mushrooms, onion rings etc as extras. The steaks were huge, cooked perfectly and a real bargain.The staff were warm and friendly, the beers available were second to none, we enjoyed a top quality live band and the place had a fantastic atmosphere. I don't do reviews but did this as the place is lovely, the food exceptional value, beers are fab and the atmosphere was brill!

5  Thank dave s

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Went in tonight with my wife for a meal. I ordered the battered cod mushy peas and chips...what I got was a breaded frozen out of box piece of fish the mushy peas were one clump of gunk the chips were ok. When the waitress collected our dishes she noticed I hadn't eaten my fish asked if there was a problem I explained how the menu said battered cod if I had known that the fish was of that quality I wouldnt have ordered it. She picked up my plate said "oh" and walked away. No one came to the table to even apologize or anything to that nature which is too bad because it was a nice small clean pub and it was the kind of place we were looking to find for a weekly meal. We won't be going back.

11  Thank Mike F
Reviewed 7 December 2014

My friend and I have been visiting The Plough at Kidsgrove, most Friday nights for the past 3 months. There is always an excellent live group playing, the sort of groups that you would gladly pay to see, but these are presented free of charge.. The atmosphere is amazing, like a party in someone's house!! Everyone is very friendly, particularly the bar staff. Also it's open late...what more can I say? One visit and you will be "hooked".... We certainly are!!!

5  Thank StaffordshireBarbara
Reviewed 20 October 2014

The owner is very friendly and welcoming, and provides good conversation. Something of an identify crisis may be going on - is it a cosy local, or does it have delusions of grandeur as a gastro pub. For me, I think it should go for the cosy local.....

3  Thank BenShaw
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We recently returned here after a visit last year that put us off. I'm glad we did... Instantly warm welcome from the owners. Instantly made us feel at home. The pub has a Pieminister only menu now. It's simple and it works. They taste great. The beer selection was superb and very well kept.

A band played a bit later on who were very good and the atmosphere in the pub was excellent. Looking around there was a very wide variety of customers - nice to see and easy to understand why. Glad we returned, will be coming in more regularly now. Thanks!

3  Thank jjc147852