“Friday's are Amazing”

Price range: USD 2 - USD 10
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bar/bistro styled pub serving Steaks, sandwiches (chicken tikka, pulled pork, triple cheese) and quality pub classics (cod chips, burgers, lasagne etc). Quiz night on Thursdays and quality live entertainment on Friday. Two cask ales and three craft beers on draft including Brew dog,Brooklyn and Anchor steam Bitter. Erdinger,Leffe,Peroni also on draft.
Reviewed 7 December 2014

My friend and I have been visiting The Plough at Kidsgrove, most Friday nights for the past 3 months. There is always an excellent live group playing, the sort of groups that you would gladly pay to see, but these are presented free of charge.. The atmosphere is amazing, like a party in someone's house!! Everyone is very friendly, particularly the bar staff. Also it's open late...what more can I say? One visit and you will be "hooked".... We certainly are!!!

4  Thank StaffordshireBarbara

Reviewed 20 October 2014

The owner is very friendly and welcoming, and provides good conversation. Something of an identify crisis may be going on - is it a cosy local, or does it have delusions of grandeur as a gastro pub. For me, I think it should go for the cosy local.....

2  Thank BenShaw
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We recently returned here after a visit last year that put us off. I'm glad we did... Instantly warm welcome from the owners. Instantly made us feel at home. The pub has a Pieminister only menu now. It's simple and it works. They taste great. The beer selection was superb and very well kept.

A band played a bit later on who were very good and the atmosphere in the pub was excellent. Looking around there was a very wide variety of customers - nice to see and easy to understand why. Glad we returned, will be coming in more regularly now. Thanks!

2  Thank jjc147852
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Visited recently when there was a live rock band playing and had a great night. We havnt been since the menu was changed to Pieminister only and although I really miss the old food (it used to be the only affordable good quality resturant for miles) I love the pies! The price of the food is excellent as you can have a monster feed of pie, mash, mushy peas and gravy for a relatively small price tag. As always the selection of drinks was brilliant including alcohol free beer for my husband who was driving and the atmosphere was electric without being overwhelming. The band (Byte) was brilliant and we will certainly be going back again soon. Well done all!

2  Thank Nellnell59
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I have been a patron of this public house since it was re-opened 6 years ago. I have met up with friends, taken my family and even taken my wife out! This is a great pub with a friendly welcome I would not go anywhere else for a great night out. Hats off to Ian and Mandy who make it all work! Bands are great and free to watch. I do not know what else a pub could offer. Please visit and enjoy!

3  Thank matt h