“Still fantastic!”

Price range: USD 2 - USD 10
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bar/bistro styled pub serving Steaks, sandwiches (chicken tikka, pulled pork, triple cheese) and quality pub classics (cod chips, burgers, lasagne etc). Quiz night on Thursdays and quality live entertainment on Friday. Two cask ales and three craft beers on draft including Brew dog,Brooklyn and Anchor steam Bitter. Erdinger,Leffe,Peroni also on draft.
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Visited recently when there was a live rock band playing and had a great night. We havnt been since the menu was changed to Pieminister only and although I really miss the old food (it used to be the only affordable good quality resturant for miles) I love the pies! The price of the food is excellent as you can have a monster feed of pie, mash, mushy peas and gravy for a relatively small price tag. As always the selection of drinks was brilliant including alcohol free beer for my husband who was driving and the atmosphere was electric without being overwhelming. The band (Byte) was brilliant and we will certainly be going back again soon. Well done all!

2  Thank Nellnell59

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I have been a patron of this public house since it was re-opened 6 years ago. I have met up with friends, taken my family and even taken my wife out! This is a great pub with a friendly welcome I would not go anywhere else for a great night out. Hats off to Ian and Mandy who make it all work! Bands are great and free to watch. I do not know what else a pub could offer. Please visit and enjoy!

3  Thank matt h
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have eaten at The Plough on numerous occasions and can honestly say that the food is excellent. The service is very good, the atmosphere very relaxed, and the owners/staff extremely friendly and helpful. I also think the prices are very reasonable considering the size of the portions. If this place were closer to me I could see myself eating there every night. I would recommend this pub to anyone, plus they serve great beer!

David Bourne

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I am guilty of reading trip advisor reviews but never submitting my own opinions. I decided to break my duck purely because i read a couple of negative reviews on this place and could not understand how their opinions were so different than my own experience. Were they at the same place!!!

i visited with my wife on a Wednesday night and the place busy. The staff were polite and friendly and the decor is simple yet modern. (NB: two bad reviews state that it needs a revamp? i really dont understand that) You will not find a better selection of draft drinks at any bar or pub in Stoke. I drink larger and on offer were Becks, San Miguel, Peroni, Sam Adams and Brooklyn, its just a pity i was here on a school night!
We both had fish cakes as our starter and they were wonderfully presented (Al' A Carte style) and were very tasty, the lime chilli dressing was just perfect.
i had a fillet steak cooked medium rare and it was excellent, my wife had a Burger which she said was the best she had ever had. (NB2: £8.50 for a homemade burger with cheese, onions, bacon, home made chips and cajun mayo is a bargain. one reviewer seems to think this place is expensive!!! i think they must generally order from the comforts of their car!)
The only very slight critisism was that we struggled to find our way in, the owners informed us that the front door remains closed when the weather is cold, so you have to use the rear entrance.
overall i really recommend this place.

2  Thank tom h
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We have been visiting The Plough for around 3 years including meals as a couple and a family, nights with friends and also a couple of larger celebrations. The food is always first class, the service friendly and the atmosphere great.....especially when there is a band playing. The owners and staff have been fantastic and particularly helpful with our daughter who is coeliac where they have ensured gluten free meals which again have been delicious. We would have no hesitation in recommending for any occasion.