“Wonderful”

Price range: USD 2 - USD 10
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bar/bistro styled pub serving Steaks, sandwiches (chicken tikka, pulled pork, triple cheese) and quality pub classics (cod chips, burgers, lasagne etc). Quiz night on Thursdays and quality live entertainment on Friday. Two cask ales and three craft beers on draft including Brew dog,Brooklyn and Anchor steam Bitter. Erdinger,Leffe,Peroni also on draft.
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have eaten at The Plough on numerous occasions and can honestly say that the food is excellent. The service is very good, the atmosphere very relaxed, and the owners/staff extremely friendly and helpful. I also think the prices are very reasonable considering the size of the portions. If this place were closer to me I could see myself eating there every night. I would recommend this pub to anyone, plus they serve great beer!

David Bourne

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I am guilty of reading trip advisor reviews but never submitting my own opinions. I decided to break my duck purely because i read a couple of negative reviews on this place and could not understand how their opinions were so different than my own experience. Were they at the same place!!!

i visited with my wife on a Wednesday night and the place busy. The staff were polite and friendly and the decor is simple yet modern. (NB: two bad reviews state that it needs a revamp? i really dont understand that) You will not find a better selection of draft drinks at any bar or pub in Stoke. I drink larger and on offer were Becks, San Miguel, Peroni, Sam Adams and Brooklyn, its just a pity i was here on a school night!
We both had fish cakes as our starter and they were wonderfully presented (Al' A Carte style) and were very tasty, the lime chilli dressing was just perfect.
i had a fillet steak cooked medium rare and it was excellent, my wife had a Burger which she said was the best she had ever had. (NB2: £8.50 for a homemade burger with cheese, onions, bacon, home made chips and cajun mayo is a bargain. one reviewer seems to think this place is expensive!!! i think they must generally order from the comforts of their car!)
The only very slight critisism was that we struggled to find our way in, the owners informed us that the front door remains closed when the weather is cold, so you have to use the rear entrance.
overall i really recommend this place.

2  Thank tom h
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We have been visiting The Plough for around 3 years including meals as a couple and a family, nights with friends and also a couple of larger celebrations. The food is always first class, the service friendly and the atmosphere great.....especially when there is a band playing. The owners and staff have been fantastic and particularly helpful with our daughter who is coeliac where they have ensured gluten free meals which again have been delicious. We would have no hesitation in recommending for any occasion.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Very disappointed! Empty and food very expensive! Very drab and needs updating with the prices they charge I'm sure it can be done!

7  Thank Zeaanaaaa
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Dreadful food and the owners are even worse! The owners were very argumentative when our friends complained and the food was terrible, could not eat it, would not give it to our dogs! Steer well clear......not value for money at all.

5  Thank Helen L