“Busy but fun”
Review of Waterworld

Waterworld
Ranked #28 of 129 things to do in Stoke-on-Trent
More attraction details
Owner description: WaterWorld is the UK's number one Tropical Indoor Aqua Park based in Staffordshire. Splash around in a wave pool surrounded by slides, rides and flumes. There is plenty to do for all ages, for weaker and stronger swimmers alike, with a Water's Edge Restaurant where you can lounge and grab a quick bite to eat. We have a choice of meal deals, sharing platters and specialities of the day. Many of the things on our menu are also gluten free, nut free or Halal. Just ask the helpful staff on your next visit. For a dripping good time, WaterWorld also host a range of birthday parties for all ages in its own special beach themed party area. With unlimited time in the pool, birthday buffets as well as goody bags and balloons every child has a whale of a time at a WaterWorld Beach Party. If you're looking for the most happening party every Friday, the Wave Rave is the place to be. With the latest chart toppers, exciting games and competitions with give-aways, it's easy to get fluming excited.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived last Wednesday as it opened at 10:00 and were stuck with a pretty big queue but fortunately it moved quickly. The changing rooms had a lot of cubicles as well as family cubicles which was great for me and the kids.

When entering the pool, the water and air were both lovely and warm which was very inviting. There was plenty of rides to go on from big to small rides and I could even take my youngest on some of the bigger rides if she was sat on my lap which was a nice touch.

We managed to get on the majority of the rides within the first 2 hours with minimal queuing but when it got to around midday, the place became extremely overcrowded. Due to the queues being too long for my liking we decided to sit around the kiddies pool and rest for a bit.

Watching the lifeguards from the kiddies pool was quite amusing, whistling back and forth sometimes looking confused but eventually getting there. I briefly lost my child and I was very panicked as she can't swim but I told the lifeguard from the kiddy area and he asked me a range of questions about her apearence and where I lost her and he rushed around looking for her without a second thought. When I did find her he came up to me and checked if we were both alright which I greatly appreciated. The name on his name tag was Henry so if you could pass on my thanks, he seemed very informative and was always aware of what was going on. Overall I couldn't fault the Lifeguards, all my questions were answered and even though it was busy the lifeguards were very professional.

When entering the pool we were given wrist bands which we were told gave us up to 3 hours but nobody told us that we had to leave so we stayed for the whole day! Around 15:00 the pool started to get less busy and we went back on the big slides from earlier on.

Overall I would definitely come here again as myself and the kids thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I would recommend coming when it is less busy as although we enjoyed ourselves it would have been nice to be able to go on the rides a few more times without the big queues.

Dear KarenFields453

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. Your feedback is crucial in driving our business forward and we will continue to make improvements for all of our guests. We are happy to see that our efforts have been acknowledged in your review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you.

Waterworld Customer Service Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,293)
All reviews
"space bowl"
in 60 reviews
"outdoor pool"
in 60 reviews
"water slides"
in 43 reviews
"changing rooms were clean"
in 24 reviews
in 25 reviews
"flumes"
in 136 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I have been to a lot of water-parks like the one at Alton towers and the one in Blackpool and many more around England I must say this is probably the best one due to it having a variety of activity's and slides that are distributed to all abilities and stages of swimming. There is also a lot of variety of stuff for the youngsters and also if your a parent and doesn't want to swim you can sit in the food shop or relax outside on the sunbeds.

Dear Amarjit U

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Visited waterworld yesterday having not been for several years. All the staff were very welcoming and answered all the questions we had throughout the day. The changing rooms were clean, tidy and warm with good sized changing rooms. We ate lunch and this was well cooked and very nice. I had baked potato with cheese and beans the accompanying salad was a nice touch and I was pleased it looked as though effort had been put in preparing it. Wave machine was a little disappointing bigger waves next time please. All rides we went on were great fun. Overall a fun day. Definately will return.

Dear pinkfirefly123

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Family day out with a 3 and 4 year old and they absolutely loved it. Whilst it's a pricey outing it is worth it. Our boys were able to ride some of the big flumes with us which they loved. There was plenty to keep us all occupied without getting bored or cold.

If you go at the weekend or holidays be prepared for it to get pretty busy.

One point to mention is to make sure you keep your parking receipt. The car park is managed by a private firm. I paid my parking at the machine in the lobby when leaving but received a fine a month later which obviously came as a shock. I contested the fine straight away but was worried as I didn't have my receipt to prove it. After googling it, I found there were others that had the same problem and suggested contacting Tim who is the GM at Waterworld. He replied straight away and was very helpful. The fine was then cancelled after his intervention.

All in all I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Waterworld - great fun for all ages.

Dear Alison S

See more reviews

It was truly awful.
We were in there for about 3hours and we managed 5 slides....in 3 hours. We were in a perpetual queue. I felt like they rammed as many people in as humanly possible. It was really crowded and very smelly.

The changing rooms were filthy and smelt awful.

I expected it to be busy with it being the holidays but not that busy.

Won't ever visit again.

2  Thank kim s

Dear Kim s

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to learn of your disappointment whilst experiencing our attraction. Whilst an apology might not alter the outcome of the occasion we do extend it with all sincerity.

PEAK periods include school holidays, voting days, bank holidays, weekends and busier periods such as school group visits. These are times when we expect to experience a high footfall of guests.

Our building capacity is monitored very strictly by several methods to ensure guest’s safety. Our staff are structured and organised to ensure queues move quickly, safely and so guests can gain maximum enjoyment form their visit.

We as a company pride ourselves on our hygiene standards. We strive to make Water world enjoyable and accessible to everyone.

Our changing areas are constantly monitored, and we have a team of changing room attendants on duty at all times. Staff work to a high standard and are consistently cleaning all areas. If you could be specific on the time and area of the changing rooms that you noticed lack of cleaning, we will investigate this further. We do have signs up in the changing areas asking guests if they have any problems or complaints to please report them to the Management Team, so we can resolve them immediately.

Guest’s feedback is crucial in driving our business forward as it allows us to take note and investigate any misgivings in our service. We believe we go above and beyond and therefore would very much like specific details of the points you raised. All operational aspects of Waterworld are performance managed and we have evidence to show this. Your efforts in providing us with the specifics
will go a long way.