1,036 results
All reviews football stadium britannia stadium alton towers stayed here harvester restaurant hi express scrambled egg and beans the sofa bed match days the breakfast area football ground football match hot breakfast free breakfast yogurt hot items family room
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Well this hotel is just great for a business trip - super friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms and eateries on the doorstep. Staff amazing - even offered to refund our stay as at one point thought we would not make it due to the snow!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
DGMSOT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Guest. Thank you for taking time to leave feedback for your recent stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Stoke-On-Trent. Great to hear that you found our facilities suitable and you enjoyed your stay. Many thanks for staying and we hope to see you again very soon. All the best, Toby (Guest Service Manager)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My wife and I booked a night in this hotel when we were going to the theatre in Stoke.
The hotel is situated next to the Britannia Stadium (Stoke City FC) and we arrived on a Saturday when Stoke were playing at home. Not a real problem as the football fans behaved well but it was very busy.
The hotel was spotlessly clean and we checked in very quickly with the friendly staff. We were very pleased with our room, where everything we needed was provided. The only thing we were not keen on was the wet room style bathroom, as everything gets wet too easily.
The bed was very comfortable and we woke refreshed ready for a hearty breakfast (included in the price), which did not dissappoint.
A highly recommended hotel!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Spent 2 nights in March with my daughter. We arrived late (around 8pm) and when we were given our key fobs they didn’t work. Went back to reception, given another key it still didn’t work. Finally receptionist came up and then gave us the room next door. The following morning the same issue couldn’t get into the room but even though I had the room card showing the room number the maid said I had to go downstairs as she wouldn’t let me in. Receptionist did give me a drinks voucher as a sorry but it did spoil the visit.

The room back right onto a busy road, didn’t realise when booking. Ask for a more quieter ODD numbered room not EVEN.

Positive points - within a stones throw of Stoke City Football ground. Harvester right next door and breakfast was plentiful.

Downside - the plug sockets are very low down not great if you are disabled or elderly

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest. Thank you for taking time to leave feedback for your recent stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Stoke-On-Trent. I'm sorry to hear that there were problems with your room. I hope this won't discourage you from staying with us in future. Many thanks for staying and we hope to see you again very soon. All the best, Toby (Guest Service Manager)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Really nice stay, very clean and tidy and the staff very pleasant. My little boy had a fold out bed setee and it was so comfy he slept really well. Breakfast was fabulous and very fresh. Cannot say a bad word for the place.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kerryh300

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Standard set-up but overall lacking. Room had terrible air-con/heating - hot/cold all night, not a good night's sleep. Guest comment card, pre-filled in room - from a guest in January - tell you much about attention to detail? Breakfast dull, evening food very limited, although Harvester next door is OK and at least varied with decent beer. For the price, the nearby Holiday Inn is a similar price and better value.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Hello Jon E,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am sorry about the issues encountered with the room air conditioning and heating system. I want all your stays with us to be pleasant. I know this requires our capacity to ensure that your stay is comfortable and that you get a restful sleep. Along with your observations about the food selection and quality, I have shared your comments with the hotel management. They will be used as reference for the improvement of the services we offer. I trust that measures taken will avoid the same issues from reoccurring in the future. I have also sent you a private message regarding your experience.

I hope to welcome you back so we can serve you better and give you back that good night's sleep we owe you.

Best Regards,