“2nd & final visit”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Ranked #344 of 581 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Booked 8pm this evening for our family of 4. Arrived around 7.50pm and were told that our table was just ‘finishing up’ and would be ready soon, take a seat in the bar and we would be called shortly. The bar seats weren’t plentiful meaning we stood by the serving/till area whilst the waitress sorting drinks for the restaurant never lifted her eyes to acknowledge us. Eventually someone came and took our drinks order, when we asked for them to go on our dining bill we were told that they don’t do tabs? Despite lots of empty tables we still had to wait a while to be shown to our table, and told that our waitress would be along soon to take drinks orders. After about 15 minutes our waitress arrived, we ordered drinks & menu choices (starters to share and a main each) and were informed that the scorpion sauce was not available. Starters were ok. Main meals arrived within good time but I don’t know how long they had sat on the counter before coming to the table because the chips for each meal were cold and my main chicken sandwich was stone cold. No one came to check on our food and we managed to mention our concerns to the drinks waitress. She did offer to replace it but I declined as by this time we didn’t want to wait another 30-45 mins for a replacement. When our designated waitress came to clear the other family members plates we were shocked that no mention of any dissatisfaction was acknowledge, or spoken about. We first dined here in February 2018 and had an equally lukewarm meal, which was deducted from the bill as this evenings was. I have to say that this is a relatively new restaurant and eating venues are popping up all over the city, unfortunately ‘good’ eating venues are few and far between and this is not one of them. We won’t be back.

2  Thank DBomb12

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were here following a day of removals. We needed carbs and beer!! The décor s expected American Diner, the welcome is scripted and friendly. Five of us were put in a booth at the back next to the servers station Drinks order was taken quickly and efficiently and then took ages to arrive The starters arrived quickly but then the mains arrived in two batches - with 5 minutes between - very weird. The food was tasty, hot and well presented - my rare sirloin was cooked to perfection and excellent. This is a chain and much of this is what you expect - the chanting for birthdays the winsome soulless smiles, the brash décor. This really could be so good but it just fails to hit the mark - there is excellence and mediocrity n equal measure hence difficult to rate - such a shame

1  Thank 509Martin
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Overpriced, food came cold, soggy brown salad on my burger. The staff were also very unfriendly. Went to the toilet, come back and the waitress had cleared mine and my daughters drinks! I won’t be going back ever again.

1  Thank jamieveg86
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

First visit to TGI Fridays for quite sometime after a good experience at the Leicester Square branch (no idea if this one still operates though!). Ok greeting at the door. Taken to a seat not appropriate for us & our little boy so we were then moved. Very long wait for drinks. Pretty poor vegan & allergen range on offer. Food order not exactly what was ordered, despite taking ages going through this with the duty manager. So had to bring other items separately on a side plate. Nice to see somewhere busy on a Sunday evening though and the atmosphere was quite nice as it was busy but not rowdy. Will give it a miss if in the area next time...

1  Thank james v
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came to Stoke to visit friends and were staying at a hotel opposite this TGI Fridays so decided to have our evening meal there. We opted for a starter and a main course. Upon entering and being welcomed, we were asked if anyone in our group had any food allergies. My girlfriend informed them of her lactose intolerance and we preceded to sit down and browse the menu. Being someone with a food intolerance, she knows exactly what she can and can’t have which therefor made it unnecessary the HUGE fuss that was made by the staff. Upon looking at the menu an decided what was suitable for her, she was informed that”unfortunately only a manager can take your order as I am not trained to deal with your needs” the manager then comes and sits at our table (very unprofessional) and checks that everything requested was milk free which we had already insured! Then to top it off, we discovered that only a manager with that “special training” could pick up her food from the kitchen and carry it to the table!!!!!!! Absolutely absurd! Everyone else’s food arrived 5 minutes before my girlfriends for this reason which is just unacceptable. The food itself was lovely albeit very overpriced for what it is. Will not be returning, despite the good food due to my girlfriend feeling singled out and embarrassed as every table in the place stared at the huge fuss that was being made over what is usually a very small matter to deal with.