“Junior Supercar Driving Experience”

DriveMe Driving Experience
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Bought the VIP junior supercar experience for my sons 12th birthday (he loves super cars)
When the gift car arrived you contact the company to see what dates are available. they only have selected cars available on certain dates so on the date we chose there was only 4 super cars to choose from which I had to decide over the phone there and then. As this was a surprise for my sons birthday I just prayed I had chosen the car he would of if given the choice.
Children have to be 12-17years for this experience and 4ft10 in height.
On arrival it was very busy and you basically check in at the reception then wait outside until you child's name is called out for their turn which is 4 laps around the track unless you want to pay extra for extra laps around the track. This varies on the car you choose.
There are lots of extra charges included such as collision insurance (£25), 1 photo is £16, photos on cd, extra laps ££s.

There is a small cafe onsite which sells crisps, sandwiches and drinks which is good whilst your waiting as you can only watch your children doing their laps from a distance. A small area is sectioned off where you can see all the cars lined up and where the participants set off from where everyone is crammed with their phone trying to get videos/photos of their own kids.

Overall I would say the experience is worth it for any supercar fan, but if I had of known I wouldn't have paid for the practice session in a clio prior to the supercar experience which was £25. My son felt that this didn't prep him for the actual supercar drive as it was totally different and said the car was difficult to drive (probably due to it being an old clapped out Clio with no power steering).

Would book again to experience a different super car.

Emma_Driveme, Sales Advisor at DriveMe Driving Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to hear that your son enjoyed his driving experience with us.

The junior lesson is a taster experience. As most juniors are aged 11 plus, they won't have sat behind the wheel of the car, so by driving a road car this helps them to learn the basic control cars and get a feel of the circuit before they experience the high performance supercars. It mainly helps to reassure them and build their confidence.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"ear to ear"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My son loved his 3 supercar driving experience today!
The service when we got there was excellent.
I was worried because he's never driven before but the instructors were excellent with him and he thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience! Thankyou for a great day!

Thank you for your review and feedback.

We are pleased to hear about how much your son enjoyed his driving experience with us.

We hope to see you on a return visit.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Booking-I booked and paid for a 2 x supercar driving experience online for my daughters 14th birthday.. once I’d paid I called the central booking line to book a suitable date. The lady I spoke to was helpful, friendly and very informative and a confirmation email was sent immediately afterwards.

Finding the venue-DriveMe was quite hard to find, even when using satnav! It is signposted but the signs are easy to miss and can be a little misleading.

The Day-When we arrived at DriveMe we waited in a short queue to sign a waiver and a registration form, we were then given a score card and told our time slot. The lady then directed us outside and we were told to wait to be called. After a short while my daughter was called up for her first car experience, she had a blast!.. Then, she exited the car and expected a small wait between this one and the next but actually, she got to drive her second car immediately! This was brilliant, perfect timing and planning! Again, she had a blast and came out beaming! Both driving instructors had signed her score card and she was ready to go! Our visit was short visit but it beats waiting around in the cold between the cars!

Facilities-There is a cafe, toilets and viewing cabins near the racetrack.

Photos-I paid £20 to have every photo put on a disc for my daughter. I didn’t know what to expect or who would be taking the pictures but I assumed there would be a few! At the end of my daughters’ driving experience we went inside to the photo desk and I was disappointed to see that only 6 pictures had been taken! The photos were of my daughter driving the cars and they were fantastic quality but I wish there were more, one of her pictured alongside the cars that she’d drove would have been nice.

Overall it was a fantastic morning that was planned very well and allowed us to make some great memories, but.. it should be easier to find and you should get more pictures for the money!

We are pleased to hear about how much your daughter enjoyed her driving experience.

We do inform customers of the nearest postcode (the industrial estate), however to switch the satnav off as the brown tourist signs will lead you to the venue. We don't usually have any problems with customers reaching us.

The photograph packages consist of 1 photo per lap - therefore resulting in 6 laps in total. The photographer can only stand on one part of the circuit and catches the driver as they drive past him.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Really brilliant experience for my son. Still can’t believe the cars he drove, so jealous you have to wait but not hrs and it was busy. After reading a few negative reviews I was a little sceptical about the day but it was brilliant and next time I’m having ago.

1  Thank warhurs

Thank you for your review and feedback.

We look forward to seeing you on a return visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Terrible experience

They did not open the season at the Ashton in Makerfield track until after my gift voucher expired

They said they were doing me a favour by offering me the 1st date when they were open but we were away then so had to pay to extend voucher

Extra charges for phoning premium rate line and then insurance on the day

Think you will probably be getting the picture

Customer service is terrible and you can tell the staff are used to the complaints as they almost have a script which they follow to squeeze extra money out of clients

1  Thank neild2923

Thank you for your review.

We were saddened to hear that you were disappointed with the service you received from us.

All vouchers are issued with all location choices - Stafford, Anglesey and Three Sisters. However the vouchers are not location specific and subject to availability. We do state that Anglesey and Three Sisters are seasonal venues.

All extras and upgrades are optional and are not obligatory for any booking.

Thanks again for your feedback.