All reviews no lift town centre full english breakfast was excellent friendly hotel only stayed one night good size bridal suite some tlc bottled water night porter flat screen tv pleasant stay visiting lichfield free parking road noise few minutes walk
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

This was a nice place to stay, the room was basic but the bee was very comfortable. The hotel itself could do with updating as the decor was tired in places.

The staff were very polite and the breakfast was lovely.

One small change that could be made for the better relates to the plastic cups in the bathroom. These individual disposable plastic cups were wrapped in plastic and replaced daily - not very environmentally friendly.

If the cup situation was resolved I would certainly stay here again if I had business nearby.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Angela B, Owner at The Cathedral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We completely appreciate how important it is to achieve a great night's sleep and I'm delighted to hear you found the bed comfortable.

The Cathedral Hotel is an independent family run hotel, and ongoing improvements are being made throughout. Your feedback is really important to us and your observations have been taken onboard. We have also noted your comments regarding the plastic cups.

I do hope you will consider returning to The Cathedral Hotel again.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

A nice cosy hotel, clean rooms and friendly staff. Good selection at breakfast, as my wife has a gluten free diet, she was catered for as we phoned ahead to to inform them. Easy walk into city centre.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Angela B, Owner at The Cathedral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review Andrew. I'm pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay.
We do cater for all dietary requirements and I'm so pleased you both enjoyed our tasty breakfast.

Every at the Cathedral Hotel looks forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

My wife and I stayed for one night in late September. It was a Friday night and when we went to the car park at the rear, it was full so we had to park on the street in front of the hotel on the opposite side of the road. At the reception the hotel staff advised me that there was a night event finishing with a disco ending at a quarter to midnight. They asked if we wished to change the room to another room further away from the noise in which case they needed time to prepare the room. We said yes as we were going to the town center for dinner anyway. We were moved to a bedroom further up the stairs on the third floor (or second in the UK). The noise was loud but we managed to get a good night’s sleep. The room was quite comfortable. The entrance to the town centre is about a ten minutes’ walk downhill and the magnificent Lichfield Cathedral is in between. So the hotel is in an ideal spot to explore the cathedral. We booked a room only but was good value for money. Would consider staying again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Our main cultural value is to make our guests happy, and I am pleased to see this shone through during your visit.

I'm so pleased to hear you would stay at our family owned hotel again, and we all look forward to welcoming you again one day.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the one night after celebrating our marriage earlier in the day in the city centre. The room was lovely with a massive bed, flat screen tv and a beautiful bathroom. It’s only a few minutes walk from city centre so ideal if your enjoying the evening in Lichfield. The full English breakfast the next morning was amazing beautifully cooked and plenty of it buffet style you can help yourself and it was nice and hot. Very clean and really friendly staff, we had a great night sleep after such a busy day. A nice friendly hotel

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Angela B, Owner at The Cathedral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Congratulations on your recent wedding. I'm so pleased you chose The Cathedral Hotel for your accommodation following your wedding, and delighted you had an enjoyable stay.

We are very proud of our dedicated team and the fantastic service they offer our guests, and I am delighted to hear that the whole team ensured your visit was thoroughly enjoyable.

Thank you for your wonderful review, and we hope that you will choose to return to The Cathedral Hotel in 2019 to celebrate your first anniversary. In the meantime, we wish you both every happiness.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

My wife and I stayed for one night in late September, having pre-booked a superior room with breakfast. We were more than happy with our stay, accepting when we booked that it was a 3-star hotel with limited services.
The hotel is just on the outskirts of the city-centre, some 400 yards from the cathedral and perhaps a further 200 yards to the centre. It is in good condition, whilst our room (301 - recommended) although up two short flights of stairs, was very comfortable with views of the cathedral spires etc. and contained a large King-size bed, raised seating area, hot-drinks tray and en-suite facilities. There is an excellent car-park to the rear of the hotel, something that city-centre hotels might struggle with. A small but attractive bar-area is adjacent to reception.
The staff are all invariably friendly and welcoming, whilst the full-English breakfast was excellent, accompanied by copious amounts of juices and coffee and served in a most friendly and professional manner.
Overall, a lovely short stay. Upon a future return to Lichfield, we would not hesitate to re-book at this hotel. What more can be said.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I'm delighted to hear you were pleased with your room and had views of the Cathedral Spires and enjoyed the comfortable bed. I'm also so happy you enjoyed your breakfast - we do get many wonderful compliments about our food offering and I'm so pleased you enjoyed it too.

I'm so pleased to hear you will consider returning to our hotel, and we all look forward to welcoming you back.