“Fantastic!”

Price range: USD 13 - USD 33
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a family run Italian restaurant and have been for over 40 years now. We are situated directly on The Cathedral green with stunning views of the West front of Wells Cathedral. The hotel has 9 beautifully refurbished en suite bedrooms, and a restaurant that can seat 50 people. We specialise in Italian cuisine, with plenty of past and pizza options. We make our own pasta and pizza dough daily on the premises, along with fresh sauces to compliment each dish. we also have a good variety of meat and fish dishes, plenty of vegetarian options, a couple of vegan options and we are very mindful of peoples dietary requirements. I have a very talented kitchen team who work tirelesly to produce wonderful food day in day out to a very high standard. My professional front of house team are all extremly experieced in giving the best possible service at all times which enhances your meal experience with us at Rugantinos.
Reviewed 18 October 2018

Eat here regularly and do not have a bad word to say! Fantastic food, friendly service and good value

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Lovely food, excellent service and great atmosphere! Cannot recommend highly enough. Our first visit and look forward to returning again and again.
Don't miss this gem in the beautiful city of Wells!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 9 October 2018

This was a surprise visit, booked by my husband for my birthday. We've been before but not for a long while as prices were always a little expensive. However I was pleasantly surprised that the prices now are not that much more than other restaurants in the area. We both chose the 7 course tasting menu and the food was perfect. Each course with its own distinct flavours, each complimenting the last. I would thoroughly recommend it. Service was good, but not as polished as I would have liked to match such high class food. Paper napkins a definite no-no! Why would you down grade such perfection with a cafe table and paper napkins? Personally I would have liked table cloths on the table and a little more thought on the plates that the first three dishes were served on could have made a difference. Had this been a lunchtime visit on the hoof, I would have been satisfied, but sadly the whole experience was missing the finishing touches that could have made a very good evening into a perfect evening.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 8 October 2018

My wife and i celebrated our anniversary at this restaurant, the staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful, the sign of a good restaurant is how busy it is and it was packed, the food was outstanding, real quality and mouth watering, reasonably priced for the quality of food, i would not hesitate to return when in the area again.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Although we hadn’t booked, (booking is recommended as it gets busy), they managed to squeeze us in. The food was delicious, well presented and plentiful. The rear of the restaurant overlooks Wells cathedral and the lawn in front of the cathedral. On the evening we visited the restaurant, it was a full moon which rose over Wells cathedral which was beautiful.