“Usually eat here for dinner, but lunch is also good”
Review of Goodfellows

Goodfellows
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodfellows is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 89 Restaurants in Wells
Price range: USD 86 - USD 86
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I usually eat here for special occasion dinners as it is excellent - best fish restaurant in Somerset. I came here for a quick business lunch - the tables by the kitchen were not available/open (great atmosphere!) and the menu is more limited; more bistro than a restaurant. I have to be honest and say that I struggled to find what I wanted on the menu as opposed to being spoilt for choice - I usually look for their exciting fish dishes. In the end, I had an excellent fresh tuna niçoise and halibut - both dishes were great, but one picky/tiny criticism; I don't believe that coriander leaf shouldn't be anywhere near a niçoise, especially one as good as this - it was out of place. The atmosphere isn't great during lunch service, because everyone is having a quick bite to eat before going back to work etc rather than biding their time and revelling in the extraordinary dishes. I recommend eating here for dinner (5 star), but lunch is also good - can't think of anywhere in Wells where you will get better fish.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Managed to get a last minute booking for Sunday lunch, so glad we did, my wife had parma ham and I had smoked salmon to start, we both had the roast pork for main course. The starters were much bigger than we anticipated and so tasty, as for the roast that was seriously good, the best roast potatoes, plenty of cooked to perfection veg with a really generous helping of roast pork and whilst I am not someone who has gravy on their food, the sauce served separately, as I requested, complimented the meal perfectly.
Will be back when we next visit Wells!!!!

Reviewed 10 September 2018

The staff were friendly but slow service. The food was abysmal. The roast pork was very fatty. Reheated roast potatoes and undercooked vegetables. Other food ordered was of a low standard, swimming in soy sauce and not descriptive of what I thought I would get. Dessert looked appetising but was tasteless. Overall not a nice experience and feel cheated of my hard earned cash and I’m easy going and don’t often leave such critisicsm, but in this instance, feel this is justified.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

This is our favourite restaurant in Wells, we've eaten here several times, the staff are excellent and friendly.
The menu is very small but the food is definitely the best in Wells and is worth every penny.
If going do book a table as they only seat probably 20 people.
A must if visit the area.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

We had a completely sublime dinner when we came back to re-visit Wells (we used to live there 20 years ago) to share the area with our youngest children. I had a bar menu hummus and homeade tortilla chips and for the main had the scallop with caviar on a bed of samphire, baby corn and lovely puree - simply delicious! Children had gezpacho selection of fish with new potatoes and vegetables and gnocchi with mediterranean veges and hubby had gezpacho and hake fish dish and the three of them had some very beautiful desserts, which I can't remember the names of, but involved cheesecake, mousse and chocolate cake!

For another day, we stopped for lunch and had a lovely light lunch of the cheese and tomato quiche (honestly, best I have ever had, and I've had A LOT of quiche!), fishcakes and salmon salad platter. Very enjoyable, and a lovely family (with their wonderful staff) working to prepare and serve the meals.

More expensive than other restaurants, but highly worth the price. We say this as we live on the Jurassic Coast and fresh seafoood restaurants are abundant, but nothing compares to the quality and quantity of Goodfellows in the area we live in! We tend to buy the seafood fresh from a local fishmonger on the docks and cook it ourselves. If more than 5's could be given, I would!