“Frappes and Ciabattas for lunch”
Review of Coffee#1 Wells

Coffee#1 Wells
Ranked #4 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Wells
Price range: USD 1 - USD 13
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Award-winning coffee, cakes and pastries for breakfast, lunch and tea. Comfy sofas, beautiful interiors and cosy corners that you can hide away in for a quiet half an hour are as important to us as the cake we serve and the service we give. Come and see for yourself.
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

The temperature outside was 30 degrees C and it was lunchtime. We didn't really want to go to a pub, when Coffee#1's sign on the High Street in Wells for cold flavoured Frappes caught our eye.

In we went and had a look at the options for food. The cakes looked tempting but it was lunchtime so we settled on two smoked ham and cheese ciabbatas.

The staff were friendly and we soon found a table and settled down with our Chocolate and our White Mint Frappes while we waited for our ciabbatas to toast. Yummy. And at the end we had some refreshing cold water to wash it all down.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

I met two friends at Coffee#1. Had we not agreed on the venue in advance, I would have suggested moving on as the service was poor.

The staff seemed to prefer looking around rather than serving me. The premises smelt of toilet cleaning fluid.

When my friends arrived there was a queue. With three 'behind the counter' only one was making drinks.

The atmosphere in this Coffee#1 is not as good as in other branches I have visited. I will not rush back.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

We stopped for an early morning coffee with family including a baby and whilst the coffee was good we felt the toilets were too smelly to change a baby's nappy in. Otherwise fine.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

A lovely coffee to start the day. Our family had a couple of coffees and hot chocolates. Everyone was very happy with their drinks. It was nice to see the celebrity pictures at the back.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Last Saturday was the final straw for me with Coffee One in Wells. The constant poor service that I have recieved was topped by pure indifference this time. There is a group of young male workers at this branch that constantly give the impression they are doing the client a massive favour by serving this demanding product - Coffee !
They need a manager to shape them up and remeber who is ultimatley paying all the bills - the clients.