New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Glastonbury
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“lovely home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

I love Glastonbury and regularly visit the area. This was the 2nd visit of the year for me and my hubby and I wanted to see Cheddar Gorge this time around. Meare Manor is perfect for both locations as it's about in the middle of both Glastonbury and Cheddar. The welcome on arrival was lovely - a real change to be met and taken to your room personally. The hotel was warm and cosy and the room (merlin) was perfect. The beds were comfy and the bathroom was clean. Breakfast in the morning was great - a very large choice and something for everyone, veggies like me were thought of as well. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this wonderful part of Britain, well worth the money :))

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Stuttgart
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

This hotel does not deserve to be the Nr 1 in Glastonbury on trip advisor! The bathroom was the worst - I had to jump around just to get wet. The bed was so uncomfortable that I hardly slept. The next door guests I could hear through the wall - and they where talking normally. Everything was cheaply renovated in the room. The cheapest toileteries and bathroom accessories that you can get. Service was very chilly and I felt like I was bothering the lady when I arrived. The breakfast in the morning was OK nothing great. The price they are asking is totally over the top for what you get. I decided to spend the extra money and treat myself - but it turned out to have been a dramatic mistake - I was also not even paying full rate as they had a special on - I still felt cheated. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Wendy_Tom
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2010

From the moment I arrived at Meare Manor I was made to feel very welcome. The staff were attentive without being intrusive and my room and bathroom were very clean and comfortable. The addition of decanters of Port and Sherry in the room was a really nice touch and the tea and coffee making bits and bobs were topped up generously. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful and the views from my room at the back were stunning. I would thoroughly recommend Meare Manor as a place to stay - it's an ideal base for sight seeing and provides a little haven of peace an quiet at the end of a busy day drinking in the history of the surrounding area.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank j2yny
Weggis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

Quiet, comfortable, spacious, friendly. Rooms are spacious, very modern, excellent bathroom facilities, lots of cupboard space. Centrally located to local attractions such as Wells Cathedral, Lytes CAry National Trust house, and Glastonbury. The Manor serves meals, but you must let them know well ahead of time. They only cook for the hotel guests, and what they cook is superb!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Shropshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

We used this hotel as an overnight on our way down to Plymouth and on to northern Spain. When we saw our room we were glad we were only staying one night. The room was dark and gloomy The linen felt worn and thin while the en-suite at bit of a botch at best. A shame, since the common areas of the hotel are quite nice and it looks very appealing from the outside. Food was OK too.
At £100 for bed and breakfast we thought it poor value. That's actually a bit more than we payed in Spain for top notch Paradores (pre-booked). And believe me the comparison is night and day!
When you work hard to pay out for a hotel on holiday it needs provide surroundings better than your own home. Why do so many British hotels fall short? Meare Manor is fairly typical in our experience. Next year we'll probably go straight from home to the ferry!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glastonbury
5.0 km away
5.8 km away
Mullions Hotel
Mullions Hotel
#1 of 2 in Street

Been to Meare Manor? Share your experiences!