All reviews ham egg and chips four poster full english shower over bath a bit tired only stayed the one night lovely hotel needed somewhere small room large tv two singles fire escape booked a twin room freshly cooked breakfast an evening meal guest house very comfortable stay
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Great one night stay, very warm, cosy and quiet. Welcoming staff, clean and everything we required for our one night.
Awesome freshly cooked breakfast with many cereals, yoghurt, fruit also available.
Well recommended and we wouldn’t hesitate in returning.
I must also recommend the pub in adjoining village of Westhay should you require an evening meal. The Bird in Hand was a delight and AMAZING food.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2018

It was my first time to stay in a Manor and I liked it very much. The breakfast was for choice and of course you could have a all. The stuff was very kind and helpful. If I come back to Glastonbury I will go there again

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2017

We just needed somewhere for an overnight stay before a rugby match at Millfield School. Booked a family room for two adults and two children.

The room was huge, with a four poster bed and two singles for the boys. There was a seating area and large tv, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits and a small fridge. I had brought my own milk, so I kept that in there overnight. The room was very warm and the beds were firm and comfortable.

We had a drink in the bar before and after going out for a meal - nice local bitter, lagers and wine. Graham, the friendly owner, chatted about the history of the building, festival time in Glastonbury and lots more. He arranged our taxis and really couldn't do enough to make our stay pleasant.

Very good breakfast - fruit salad, yoghurts, cereals, orange juice and apple juice. The waitress took our orders for tea (lots of choices) and coffee. There was a lot of choice on the cooked breakfast menu and the waitress was happy for us to mix and match from the choices available. There was a vegetarian cooked breakfast offered too. It came with toast and she was more than happy to bring another basket of toast out when we devoured the first one!

My only negative comment would be the shower - it was quite difficult to get the right temperature, as the cold supply was very strong!

Although we only stayed the one night, I would highly recommend that guest house and will return next year if we have another rugby match in the area.

Room Tip: The four poster bed was lovely. I think our room was called Mendips.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sheely-wheely
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Nice straightforward b&b facilitities in a buiding withn some history to it. Handy for some lovely little Somerset towns and villages. Glastonbury nearby. Wedmore just up the road. Parking onsite, off-road.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 29 October 2017

I booked this hotel through Hotels .com were its listed as 4 star,unfortunately my stay was anything but 4 star.I got to the hotel at 18;45 on a Friday evening to be met by a member of staff who was just on her way home,I was given my key shown to the room which was fine and I have no complaint,I was then told that no food was available there is a bar but its closed,I was directed to a pub 1.5 miles away where I could get something to eat,Cooked breakfast I was advised was not available but some cereal could be left out and I could help myself.In hindsight I should have asked for a refund but after a long drive navigating the M6/M5 I was just ready to sleep.The followng day I returned after visiting friends to find this 4 star hotel doesnt service the rooms.
If your looking for a four star stay near Glastonbury this isnt it !

Room Tip: The room was clean and spacious
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends