“Treated to a treat”

Ranked #48 of 648 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: USD 14 - USD 31
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Housed in a spectacular former church house, the Aqua Restaurant and Bar is considered one of Bath’s finest Arts and Crafts buildings. The main dining area, gallery and alfresco courtyard provide a theatrical backdrop for the modern European cuisine. Aqua Italia cites a range of Mediterranean influences.In–the-know foodies have long been flocking to Aqua restaurant and bar to enjoy locally sourced produce, Italian coffee, continental beers, Prosecco and Bellini cocktails.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited this as the guests of some close friends who favour and considerably patronize this restaurant. It is exceptional quality Italian fare with a menu of outstanding choice but it is quite expensive. The restaurant is set in a former chapel and the restaurant benefits from the high ceiling, and what (presumably) was once the former crypt is now a cellar bar used for larger dinner parties.

We allowed our hosts to suggest and agreed with their choice of wine. My partner started with the king prawns and I had the meatballs. For mains I had the pork cheeks and my partner had the roast cod. Both the starters and mains were generous, beautifully cooked and presented, and tasted superb.

I found the red berry crème brûlée absolutely wonderful. My partner decided on the dark chocolate brownie, which was consumed with joy. I always know when she really likes something, because she is so quiet when she eats it!!

It was a treat in every sense and we will be going again I’m sure.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went as part of group of 8 £35 a head for main course wine and few shared puds.
I had the cod which was beautifully cooked and lemon sauce and spinach too.
Pork cheek a big hit and everyone pleased with both service and food.
All nicely presented and staff attentive and competent.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Fabulous Sunday lunch, generous portions. Would definitely attend again due to how nice the food was and how incredible the main menu looked at such good prices! Only negative was the service was slightly slow in forgetting to bring drinks over but they were very friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed 30 October 2018

Went to Aqua on Saturday night as a party of 14.The service was excellent throughout right the way from making the booking a couple of months ago. The food was very tasty and we could not fault anything. A great varied menu that suited everyone's tastes. Thank you for being so accommodating!

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

We took a party of 20 to celebrate a hen do at Aqua on a Saturday afternoon.
We have been incredibly impressed with the establishment throughout the experience. Booking was easy and the team were excellent communicators allowing me to email them. They were very patient with the logistics of such a large party! On the day itself the staff were helpful, friendly and professional & the food was yummy! We were also impressed by the bottomless Prosecco & efficient topping up! They even provided us with a selection of fruit juices to allow us to tailor our own mimosas etc.
Despite us being a big group with varied needs, we all had lovely meals & food arrived together.
I wouldn’t hesitate to go back or indeed to recommend this place to others.
The people make a place & the staff at Aqua we’re superb