Review Highlights
Still a 'good' Christmas Market but not the best

We visit every year and this year it was on a very wet and windy Wednesday. I do like the way the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
JOESKY123
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Market Visit

Bath Xmas Market almost misses Christmas but luckily we were there on the last weekend and the is... read more

Reviewed today

from USD 137.10
from USD 139.70
from USD 767.60
More Info
All reviews mulled wine carol singers for sale worth a visit city centre day trip snow souvenirs meander cathedral
Reviewed 9 December 2017

This market was way too overcrowded.
Lots of jostling going on.
Not good if you're in a wheelchair.
Horrendous traffic jams coming into Bath.
Crazy train station queues to get out of Bath.
Coffee shops and cafes/restaurants with mega queues.
Food stalls were overpriced.
We went for a walk along the canal to get away from it all.
Don't bother

Reviewed 7 December 2017

I knew this market was highly rated but it was even better than I imagined. The setting is lovely, of course. The stalls themselves have a wide range of goods from unique garden ornaments to hand made chocolates. They wind through the little streets, themselves lined with interesting and unusual little shops and tea rooms, until you're not sure whether or not you've been this way already or missed a whole section. Those of you who've been to maze-like street markets before will know what I mean. With the cathedral as the centre point you can easily get your bearings though. I was there for 6 hours and had wondered if that would be too long. It wasn't. With so many stalls and shops and lovely places to eat there was never a moment wondering what to do. Because of the cathedral, the architecture of Bath stone and bow windowed shops in small windy streets, the smells of cinnamon and mulled wine etc this is my idea of a perfect Christmas setting and it was a really enjoyable day out that I will definitely repeat.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Never ever ever again. I've been for quite a few years and experienced it being busy but the popularity has spiraled out of control making it a horrendous experience. Don't do it to yourself - awful day.

1  Thank purple_sheep99
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Have visited for the past few years and always chose a weekday. Only had a Saturday free this year and I regret going to be honest. So many people that at one stage nobody could move, we were all wedged together!
Impossible to get close to the chalets, let alone buy anything. Overpriced food in the catering chalets .
Plenty of mulled wine but quite frankly dangerous to walk round with drinks amongst the crowds.
I will go back next year...on a weekday and early. There is no point in going when it is so busy.
Travel in by train if you can , although expect the trains to be overcrowded! One plus from the day was that the trains became “declassified” and we got to sit in first class !

Reviewed 6 December 2017

If I never see another mini-chalet filled with stuff to entice Christmas shoppers I will not be too disappointed.... but then I hate shopping... and crowds...... Having said that the market was absolutely packed on a Sunday night and Monday daytime. It heaved with shoppers handing over lots of money for artisan foods, cheese kits, wooden ties, trinkets, dog shaped wheat bags..... all sorts. My wife got various presents but felt that actually some stalls although they seemed well stocked had a very limited choice. If you like crowds, shopping and artisan foods and crafts you will love it! But you might be even more grumpy and humbug that me and hate it more! :)