Review Highlights
Still a 'good' Christmas Market but not the best

We visit every year and this year it was on a very wet and windy Wednesday. I do like the way the... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
JOESKY123
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Tuesday Evening

Visited on a Tuesday evening for a wander around the market. Sadly it was raining so didn't stay... read more

Reviewed yesterday

from USD 137.80
from USD 140.40
from USD 771.50
More Info
All reviews mulled wine carol singers for sale worth a visit city centre day trip snow souvenirs meander cathedral
Reviewed 5 December 2017

I came to Bath a few years ago just before the Christmas market started and it was beautiful. The tree was up in front of the Abbey and we had a lovely wander around. This year we decided to go during the Christmas market and although it was so beautiful it was very very difficult to appreciate it, or navigate it or even see what was on offer as the crowds were just crazy! It was a Saturday afternoon so this wasn't any surprise I guess but it just took away the magical feel that a Christmas market should give you. We couldn't get close to any stall to get a mulled wine.. in fact the best place we went to which had hardly any people in it was Queens Square where there were a few stalls and it was easy to get a drink! I guess this market is a lot less busy through the week but I think the other problem is it only lasts until the 2nd weekend in December so everyone is trying to get there... I'd recommend extending this market until just before Christmas like all the traditional German markets.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank naomi-a
Reviewed 4 December 2017

It is a very pretty Christmas market and spreads across a couple of squares and streets. Some things such as mulled wine were reasonably priced but goods sold in some stalls seemed a little expensive. We went on a Sunday and it was heaving and it was difficult to get through the crowd, this was the only real downside. There were a few groups of carol singers which added to the lovely Christmas atmosphere

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank 339rebeccas
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Never been to bath Christmas market before so didn’t know what to expect! We went the first Friday it opened! It’s was very busy and lots of different stalls which were expensive for what they were! Nice to see not sure I would rush back

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Made this a day trip by train from Cardiff so access was easy as the station is right in the city centre. It was a dry cold Tuesday when we made our visit so the market area was busy but a weekend must be manic. Plenty of stalls many selling the same sort of product or drink, with the area around the Abbey Green a squash. It seemed a number of the city shops closed even though the market was open until 7pm on the day we were there. Consolation - small flurry of snow just before we left!

Reviewed 27 November 2017

There is a lot of hype surrounding the excellence of this Market.
Personally, I found the experience to be somewhat miserable due to the sheer volume of people bustling around. The temporary stalls do sell some unique merchandise, though I found such products to be over-priced.
Pubs, restaurants, cafes - and most especially toilet facilities - are overwhelmed by the swarm of shoppers. Be prepared to join a queue.
Should you not be keen upon the sapping intensity of extremely crowded streets then I would suggest that you look elsewhere!