All reviews georgian suite chinese suite biscotti pillow menu well stocked mini bar on arrival hosts mary linen napkins silver tray private lounge biscuits wonderful hosts mary's home homemade potato fine china served a delicious breakfast white company toiletries
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at Grove Lodge. Giovanni and Mary are wonderful hosts. The suites are brilliant - roomy, lots of character with 5+ star appointments. Breakfasts were very special - silver service.
If you are going to Bath I would highly recommend staying at Grove Lodge.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Giovanni Mary B, Owner at Grove Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Thank you for your review.
We are proud to offer our guests suites which are so "roomy" that it is difficult to find bigger ones in Bath: our "smallest" is 35 sq m, while the 2 larger ones are over 52 sq m.
We are glad you enjoyed your long stay with us!

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Giovanni and Mary leave nothing to chance with service, class and comfort in their beautiful home. The renovations are stunning and I can't think of anything I would change or has been forgotten. Wonderful hosts, and Mary's cake and fudge making skills are five star in my book. Breakfast, silver service in the room, was delicious and just the thing to fuel a busy day looking around Bath. I can't recommend Grove Lodge highly enough. This was my third stay and I look forward to returning to the Georgian Room. Thank you so much again Giovanni and Mary for being such lovely hosts.

Room Tip: The Georgian Room is beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for your review.
We do not believe "perfection" exists, so we are always trying to improve, maybe with just a little detail, what we offer to our guests.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Even if I didn't love Bath (which I did), I would stay here again just for the room! It was beautiful, comfortable, and had a great view. Mary and Giovanni were very warm and welcoming, and breakfast was wonderful-- served in our room.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
It has already happened several times that our guests fell in love with their suite, with the beautiful views you can enjoy from our big Georgian windows, and decided to spend the whole day indoors!

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Giovanni and Mary were attentive hosts and provided excellent customer service; helped answer questions relatively quick before our arrival, attended to all our needs when we arrived, recommended restaurants to eat and scenic walks. They also offered free off street parking which is helpful, especially with limited parking in Bath!

I booked the Chinese suite for two nights for me and my boyfriend who came from San Francisco. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Grove Lodge. Mary's home made biscuits were divine, even my fitness fanatic boyfriend finished it and asked for more! The breakfast was delicious, especially the porridge! We think it's the best porridge we've ever had!

The Chinese suite was spacious, clean, and comfortable to stay. The bathroom included all the essential amenities and was spotless. The bed was comfortable and had a selection of pillows to choose from.

We would definitely book again if we came back to Bath. Thank you Giovanni and Mary for making us feel at home!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
It is always a pleasure to share our knowledge of Bath and its surroundings with our guests. This is the big advantage of choosing to come to stay in a smaller independent establishment managed by the owners. You can benefit from the experiences (positive and negative) that only a person who lives locally with connections can share, and this makes you "feel at home" never mind where you are in the world.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed as a couple for a relaxing break in Bath.

The hotel is well presented with very nicely appointed rooms.

The huge windows and beautiful views are wonderful - it doesn't actually feel like you are in the town itself, rather somewhere more peaceful and idyllic.

The service and breakfast were utterly faultless.

Couldn't be happier.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Giovanni Mary B, Owner at Grove Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you for your review.
We are very happy that you appreciated the beautiful views from the windows of our suites. This is something that struck us the first time we came to Grove Lodge, so unexpected from London Road before going beyond the hedge at the front of the house.
You can almost see the tow-path along the canal, which takes you to the centre through idyllic surroundings.
We hope to see you on your next visit to Bath.