“Excellent service”

Miller and Carter
Ranked #170 of 643 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Miller & Carter is situated at the top of Milsom Street in the beautiful historic city of Bath. It offers the highest quality of premium steak at great prices. All of our steak has its own passport so we can trace our British Beef from Farm Assured field to fork. Sign up to our website for exclusive offers and promotions.
Reviewed 22 September 2018

My partner and I have been here a few times, service has always been good, but last Friday, with my partners teenage son with us too, our waiter, Marco, was excellent, we didn't feel rushed between courses and my medium rare steak was cooked perfectly.

GeneralManagerA765, Manager at Miller and Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your great review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your visit with us. Your comments have been fed back to our server Marco and the kitchen team and we hope to welcome you to Miller & Carter again very soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Our visit here really was spoiled by the extremely poor service we experienced. There was a large party of about 20 people so the manager was more interested in paying attention to them - to the detriment of all other diners in the restaurant. We waited about 50 minutes to get our main course - and this was only after I chased and asked how much longer we would have to wait. We weren't the only table to experience this either. However, in fairness to the manager, she did take the price of the main courses off our bill. But this was only after I refused her initial offer of a free drink and dessert.

1  Thank Mike H

Hi Mike,

We are terribly sorry that your not up to the standard synonymous with Miller & Carter. I do hope you took our gesture as some way towards an apology & hope that this does not deter you from dining at Miller & Carter again in the future.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Everything was lovely apart from the steak. I love a fillet steak done blue. I asked before ordering if they could do that and they said yes (which seemed reasonable as they are a steak restaurant) but sadly it came back medium rare #verydisappointed

Hi Hanan,

We are terribly sorry that your steak was not cooked to your liking, if this is ever the case please do not hesitate to tell us. We really hope this experience does not deter you from dining at Miller & Carter again in the future.

Miller & Carter Bath

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

As I was staying in Bath this weekend I ended up eating at Miller and Carter and had the sirloin. It was very tender and seemed to melt in my mouth as I ate it. I almost had the 3 course set menu but noticed the steak came with chips and a lettuce wedge so it was perfect without a starter or desert.
Definitely a place to go for a fantastic steak dinner.

Thank you for your excellent review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and your time in Bath. Your comments have been fed back to both our front of house and kitchen team and we hope to welcome you to Miller & Carter again very soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

First time in this establishment but what an amazing place!, the place is beautifully decorated, set inside a stunning building with 30ft ceilings and large columns all around, the ambience of the restaurant is superb, we visited on a Saturday evening, its advisory to book as it's very popular I'm told, right from the initial greeting at the door the staff were consummate professionals, with superb customer service and a thorough knowledge of the menu as well as able to give advice on particular dishes, the food came promptly but not rushed, everything was cooked to perfection with all four dishes being different I was suitably impressed, at all times on a busy Saturday the staff were attentive including noticing when your glass was near empty which was very appreciated, well done to all of the staff on floor and the kitchen for making our meal such a memorable one!, I look forward to returning very soon, thank you.

Hi Claire,

Thank you for your excellent review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your evening with us, your comments have been fed back to our team, as there is no better praise than from our guests and we hope to welcome you to Miller & Carter again very soon.

Miller & Carter Bath