“Charming home in the center of Bath”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of No.3 Powlett Road

The second bedroom with a great view over the rear garden.
The second bedroom - standard double mahogany sleigh bed. The second bedroom - original fireplace and sash window.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The second bedroom with a great view over the rear garden.
The second bedroom - standard double mahogany sleigh bed.
The second bedroom - original fireplace and sash window.
The master bedroom with king-size mahogany sleigh bed.
The master bedroom - includes built in wardrobe and free standing chest of drawers.
The master bedroom.
The living room - echoes of deco with leather sofas set within a black and white interior.
The living room - original period fireplace and large flat screen television / DVD.
The living room with black and white pin-stripped carpet.
Kitchen - including: electric hob & oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and washing machine.
Open plan kitchen / diner with views into the leafy rear garden.
Kitchen.
Kitchen / Dining area.
One of our original (1937) Art Deco Prints that perfectly compliments the feel of the property.
Bathroom - white sanitary ware including full size bath / shower, pedestal sink, toilet and cabinet.
View into bathroom.
Bathroom detail.
Stair landing looking into bathroom and second bedroom.
Front of house.
Rear Garden - lush green lawn, close clipped privet hedge leading onto vegetable garden and vinery.
Patio Garden at rear of house. Surrounded by grape vines, figs, espalier pears and box hedging.
Rear garden - ferns and foliage plants in abundance.
Indulgence - our local Café and Patisserie. No more than a 2 minute walk away.
The Kennet & Avon Canal at Sydney Gardens (our local park). Just a 2 minute walk away.
The Holburne Museum (art museum and garden cafe) is no more than a 2 minute walk from Powlett Road.
Hire a rowing boat or punt at the Bathwick Boating Station, just a 2 minute walk away.
Roof top bathing at Thermae Bath Spa - Britain's original and only natural thermal spa.
Bath Christmas Markets.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Patylicio...
Miami, Florida
“Charming home in the center of Bath”
Reviewed 22 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

This was my first time to Bath and it won't be my last. Mark was wonderful throughout this whole process, answering all my questions and getting back to me promptly. The home itself was far beyond what I had imagined even with the reviews.

The check in instructions were very clear and easy to follow and from the moment we walked in we knew we had picked the perfect place. Everything was meat and clean, and the kitchen had several teas and coffees for us to use. Mark ensured we had fresh milk as well which I thoroughly appreciated when we made breakfast. The bathroom was large and was immaculately clean. My husband and I loved our room and the bed was so comfortable. The one area I loved even more was the beautiful backyard. It is so well taken care of and I loved looking out there every morning.

I was able to meet Mark the day we were leaving and he was just as pleasant in person. My only disappointment is that I didn't book this place a little longer! It's the perfect spot to checkout Bath and its surrounding countryside. I definitely hope to be back soon!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Jud56
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Perfect location and lovely house!”
Reviewed 18 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

As verified by the many 5 star reviews by previous guests, I would not hesitate to give it 5 stars too! The house was very clean, had good quality bedding and was very well equipped with kitchen appliances and crockery etc. Its main appeal to us was its location. An easy flat walk along one of the finest streets in Bath leads straight to the Abbey, Bus tour pick up and the centre of Bath.It is a longer walk back when you have walked further than you think to explore. We discovered it was about 20min walk along the other end of Bathwick St to reach the second bridge over the river with access to the more hilly areas for sightseeing and the Assembly Rooms / Royal Cresc area. We took the city bus tour in the morning and alighted at the Assembly Rooms and walked back .( Check in advance as we found it was closed for private use for the next 2 days. ) The house is a few min away from a canal walk and park. Another plus point is the use of the garden which was a lovely chance to sit in the sun for coffee and relax. I travelled with my sister and our mum and we all enjoyed the stay. There was plenty of room for us . We tended to make use of the Waitrose shop in the centre of town but there is a convience store in Bathwick St. Would definitely recommend this house.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the dining area overlooking garden
Liked least: Sofas in front room really uncomfortable androom a little sparse
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Claire M
“Great house, quiet location with easy walk to central Bath”
Reviewed 9 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We had a lovely stay at 3 Powlett Road for the Easter weekend. It's on a quiet street with only a short walk into the town center, great for missing the bank holiday queues for the Roman Baths! It is also ideally placed for some beautiful walks along the canal and out of town.

The house itself is really comfortable, a fine size for 2 couples. The property is really well presented and has a lovely garden space at the back. The owner was really helpful and responsive. We would definitely recommend it.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Jo C
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic house in great location”
Reviewed 4 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Mark Made the whole booking and stay very easy with email and text message contact . The house was very well kept and in a great location , even the lovely lady next door was very nice and helpful with recommendations of where to eat ( the boathouse at the end if the road was lovely )
We will rebook soon as loved are stay and would and have recommended to friends .

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
SuzyDream
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous place close to Central Bath”
Reviewed 27 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

This two up, two down house with parking space is two minutes walk from the park and less than 10 minutes walk to the centre of town with shops/museums etc. It's got a lovely garden with patio set and the kitchen / diner gets the sunshine all afternoon. The parking space at the front is tight but a permit is provided for on street parking. It's a quiet road, but there is a little traffic noise in the garden from the main road nearby. Everything was exceptionally clean and all extras like toilet paper, soap, dishwasher tablets etc provided. I would've liked a coffee table in the lounge so drinks didn't have to sit on the floor. I also found the energy saving bulbs gave low light so tricky to read or knit - although if you put the light on an hour before you need it there was an improvement. I couldn't find a Hoover either for cleaning up after my visit. The owners sent a welcome text and I felt like they cared and if I had any problems it's good to know they are only 5 minutes away. Bath itself is great with lots to see and do. I would highly recommend this property..

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing