“Milsons Hotel and the wonderful Loch Fyne restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Loch Fyne Milsoms Hotel

Loch Fyne Milsoms Hotel
Ranked #80 of 192 Bath B&B and Inns
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Milsons Hotel and the wonderful Loch Fyne restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I have just stayed in this hotel. We arrived at the hotel after walking 16 miles we were met by the manager who was welcoming and helpful. The room was clean, warm and inviting although like many city hotel not the quietest. We dined in the Loch Fyne restaurant were both the food and service were suburb. The breakfast was excellent and the hotel's central position was exploited the following day. We would thoroughly recommend both the hotel and restaurant.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

We always stay here when in Bath. Parking is a bit of a problem but it's worth it. Nice and central, comfortable and reasonably priced. Love the breakfasts in the Loch Fyne. Staff usually very nice, especially the young man at breakfast. We always consider the numerous flights of stairs up to the rooms a bit of a free workout. Would always recommend it and are disappointed if we can't get in. It is a bit noisy at weekends but it is city centre. Always our first choice in Bath.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for. More expensive rooms are lower down so not so many stairs to tackle but th...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Ballerup, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

Unfortunately, I stayed only one night, but staff were very friendly. The hotel is well-located, in central Bath, but has no lift - I was on Floor 3 - and there were quite a few stairs. I had the offer of help to take my bag up from the receptionist, but decided I needed the exercise.

I had an old-fashioned, but quite spacious room, with good shower and a VERY comfortable bed. I ate out in order to see a little of the city, but food looked excellent, and breakfast next day was truly excellent.

No problems with the hotel, but there was a drunk screaming across the street which woke me. Next time I go (and I will return) I will try the in-house restaurant and have a drink or two, so passing drunks don't wake me.

Room Tip: Take a lower floor unless you like stairs.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

The hotel rooms above Loch Fyne restaurant seems a bit more like an afterthought - you check in at the restaurant front desk to get to your room. But I liked it that way... it didn't feel as much like a hotel.

The BEST thing about this hotel (besides the good value on the price) was the FOOD. The breakfast was to die for - Loch Fyne is a fish restaurant. A free breakfast of smoked salmon and eggs... yes please? It was so good we had to go back to the restaurant to spend some more serious money on dinner. And it was entirely worth every penny.

The room was very cozy, clean, well decorated and comfortable. Really comfy bed. Lots of stairs, though - might be difficult for travelers that don't pack light. Right in central Bath on the corner of some main streets. But Bath is not a busy town after a certain time of day so the rooms were sufficiently quiet.

One note - we traveled in the winter so it was perfect and warm inside. However, I didn't see air conditioning though, the hotel could have a different feel to it in the summer. :)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Salisbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

We stayed there in December for the nice weekened in Bath for the Christmas markets. We were nicely greated and the check-in process was easy. The hotel is wonderfully located and it's right in the heart of Bath for walking to the shops and restaurants.

We booked the the upgraded room and it was on the 3rd floor. Room size is great and it was clean. Everything you would want and the bathroom is nice a large with a good tub and shower.

We had a great breakfast that was included and all was fresh and cooked to order. Very well presentend and plenty of good food. The service was great also, made us feel like a king.

But I did have an issue with the noise. We did not sleep well due to the drunken party goers from adjacent nightclubs and bars. The noise was loud up and down the street until about 4.00 am. If you think you can handle it, then this would be good. Perhaps the hotel needs to invest and put in better glazed windows for their guest. Not sure if I would book again, just being honest. It has alot going for it, but I'm not sure if I would book again. Otherwise it has many great things going for it and we did enjoy our stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple