Open today: 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Review Highlights
If you have the time, this is a must!

Reviewed 1 week ago

from USD 19.60
from USD 19.38
from USD 143.67
More Info
All reviews great film indie films films shown central bath movie multiplex screening picturehouse arthouse arts viewing refreshments
Reviewed 1 week ago

Just like it's name, it is a little theater. I am not sure how many people it seats, but there is not a bad seat in the theater. I saw a Star is Born there and it was excellent. The screen is not as big as a more modern theater, but quaintness of the place more than makes up for that. The sound quality was great as well. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience!

Little Theatre C, General Manager at Little Theatre Cinema, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Hi, thanks for your review. We are very happy to hear you loved your experience of our cinema. Thanks, The Little Team.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I love the Little because it's everything the Odeon isn't. But yesterday we went to the 5:30 showing of First Man. Arrived to find good seats in the balcony at 5:25. But the pre-film adverts were interminable, every time we thought that the batch of ads was finished, another lot began. Film started at 5:55 according to my watch. Seriously? It's a great film, but having to endure half-hour of commercials before it even got going ruined the experience. Our 12-year old was completely done-in by his (almost) 3-hours in the cinema. At least with the Odeon you know not to sit down until 20 minutes in. I'll remember that for next time.

Hi, thanks for the review and thanks for loving the Little. I'm sorry to hear you're trailers exceeded the expected 20 minutes by 5 minutes. It certainly is too long. All of our main features are scheduled with 20 minutes of advertisements and trailers, however, sometimes they can overrun slightly but we try our best to trim them down. We hope to welcome you back soon. Thanks, The Little Team.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I love the fact that this is an independent cinema and you can see movies that normally don't get realise in your normal multiplex.
They have a small shop that sale sweet, I've cream, local beer, cider, coffee and tea. Other events are; special screening, Mateen and senior citizens discount. It is very friendly and cosy place.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

One of my favourite cinemas worldwide. Discreet, calm and while refreshments are available, they are not the main attraction! Not to be missed by anyone who loves film.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

The Little used to be such a special place, all the staff knowleageable and friendly.

I've been going there for nearly thirty years,

I don't know who employed the FOH (front of house) individual I met last night, but I'll happily go to the Odeon or Watershed to avoid that experience again.

Film ends, literally last scene fades.....lights on, before the credits even BEGIN....

The FOH person is there with his bin bag, going up the aisles around us, collecting rubbish whilst the credits rolled...oblivious to the remaining people wishing to let a thought provoking film end and settle calmly and properly.

And whilst we discuss experience, nearly £5 for a v small glass of wine with ice, which came with no ice (they've run out... at 5:45..??)...is a lot.

5  Thank BoxTraveller
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

One of things I love about the Little Cinema in Bath is the variety of films shown. With only 2 screens there's always a smaller selection than a larger cinema. However, they do wonderful focused seasons celebrating great film making.
Whether it's the showing of Studio Ghiblis films last month or this months Ingmar Bergman season there are great oppurtunities to see interesting indie films, documentaries and classics.
A true haven for a film lover!

Seeing the Seventh Seal on the big screen was a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon yesterday!

1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Despite living near Bath for the past four years I was unaware, until very recently, of this little gem's existence. Possibly because it's tucked away down an alley in central Bath. I've probably walked passed it one or twice without even noticing it. As a consequence of a friend mentioning it to me in our local pub, my wife and I decided to check it out. I booked our tickets online for The Shape of Water. We were pleasantly surprised. What a charming venue. The staff were great and welcoming. It has a little bar serving a limited range of drinks and snacks. We ordered some coffees and were shown upstairs to a little seating area where we could relax before our screening began. It has 2 screens. Both are quite small. The seating was comfortable. The picture and sound quality were excellent. Will definitely return in preference to the impersonal nearby Bath Odeon. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

I always try and pick the Picturehouse over the Odeon because, on the whole, the arthouse aesthetic offers a different experience. However, rather than writing a review about my trip, I never made it (and this has happened quite a few times now).

I keep finding myself on the M32 up to Bristol because the selection far too often mirrors, to at least a partial extent, that which is on at the Odeon. I wonder if this is a deliberate strategy or economic necessity, but it is also a disappointing one. Three Billboards and The Shape of Water are not out of place at the Little Theatre Cinema but you can also head over to the Odeon to see those and you've had Three Billboards on for a while now. Any plans to show Lady Bird or Loveless (which are hardly radical cinema)? I had to go off to the Watershed to see those in our South West region. The more you can bring a variety to the culture in Bath, the better.

1  Thank charlottedais
Reviewed 10 February 2018

This lovely little cinema is part of Arts Picturehouse group. Two quite small screens, the cinema is right in the middle of Bath. Real charm and character. We say the Colin Firth film "Mercy" but there were a few good choices of decent films on offer.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Went to see Murder on Orient Express which fitted very well with the atmosphere. Comfy setting , nice range of snacks and drinks. Saw slight flaws visible on the screen but didn't affect viewing . Beware though there is very little pace to hang around waiting for them to clear the theory of rubbish . Standing outside is the norm but small price to pay for a unique trip to the cinema.