Open today: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
Review Highlights
Love it😘

I love the fact that this is an independent cinema and you can see movies that normally don't get... read more

Reviewed 10 September 2018
Martha Patricia d
via mobile
Favourite Cinema Venue

One of my favourite cinemas worldwide. Discreet, calm and while refreshments are available, they... read more

Reviewed 28 August 2018

from USD 20.10
from USD 19.91
from USD 147.56
More Info
All reviews great film indie films films shown central bath movie multiplex screening picturehouse arthouse arts performance viewing refreshments
Reviewed 24 March 2017

I try to support local where and when I can. The Little is the only independent cinema left in Bath and for this reason deserves support. It hosts a good range of movies, independent film, documentary and classics (classic disneys on a Sunday, that sort of thing). The seating however is all at one level so be aware that if you are short or with children you may struggle to see. I was disappointed on my last visit as the cinema really seemed to packed with rude and obnoxious upper middle class stuffy people (quite amusing as this place was once known as 'the flea pit' and unlikely to have been frequented by the majority of these clientele back then!). I know that this is something that the cinema cannot help but I was quite disgusted by the rudeness of the people in the ticket line, in the food line and in the actual cinema. Unfortunately this leads to my three star rating as i am unlikely to return. Such a shame as they show some good films. Also worth pre booking-i wasn't aware that they did this and that you couldn't choose your own seat unless you pre booked, which meant myself and my friend were separated for the performance. There is an option to book the sofa booths which is nice.

Little Theatre C, Marketing Manager at Little Theatre Cinema, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2017

Hello there,
Thank you so much for your feedback of The Little. As you may know, we are an 80year old building and so although we try to tier the seating as much as we can, there's only so much we can do, especially being such a small building (and listed). We do offer booster seats for those who need extra height. We also have wheelchair access in Screen 1 too.
We can only apologise that you experienced rudeness by our customers, but glad you were not a victim of it from our staff, who pride themselves on great customer service. Could you possible e-mail us at little@picturehouses.co.uk so we can ascertain which screening you were at?
We have always been an unallocated cinema apart from Saturday's and Screen Arts events - this information is availble on our website when booking.
I am sure the owners of the cinema (still the same family for the last 80 years) would love to know your stories regarding the cinema's 'flea pit' days. We currently have a cinema historian writing a book about the history of The Little and if you have anything to contribute, we would love to hear about it! We've personally never heard of the cinema being referred to as a 'flea pit' under it's current decade or so management but it's certainly made us chuckle. We welcome customers from all walks of life to our cinema but remain at the heart of the Bath community, as always. Did you know that our sofa's are actually on our Haile Selassie balcony? This was restored a few years back by the generous folk of Bath - it was where the Emperor himself used to sit to watch newsreels of Ethiopia when he was in exile in Bath. Perhaps these 'flea pit days' occurred between the use of an Emperor and now?
Thanks again for the review - we do hope you return one day and have a happier experience. We're hoping to make it to 100 so we'll be here for you when you're ready to return.
All the best,
Grace Williams - Marketing Manager

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Haven't been to a cinema like this in years. Lovely place very comfy seats (better than modern cinemas) and a decent size screen! Film choice obviously reduced given size of the venue but good for a different cinematic experience! Nice day out good bar/snacks

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise, a little gem tucked away. We were staying around the corner at The Gainsborough and came upon this. It was the perfect way to spend a winter night since most things seem to close early in Bath (maybe because it's winter). Purchased tickets online, very convenient. I got the feeling shows fill up and sell out so it's wise to think ahead. Step stairs, our show was 2 floors up, not sure if there is a lift. Seats large and comfortable and not a bad seat in the house. Concession stand on the first floor with a nice assortment. I was happy to spend a night there.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

The last few times I've been here with a friend but I have also gone on many occasions solo. I love the feel of the place, the personal touches and the way the staff value you. Not like other big chain cinemas. Film selection is always good and you can't beat the sofas on the balcony!

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

The little theatre is a fantastic cinema. The venue itself is in a lovely old building which is always nice as it's almost like stepping back in time.
The cinema also chose to show both new films such as those shown at the likes of odeon or vue however they also play old films, have film and event nights, and show artsy films too. There's always something to watch.
It's also cheaper and nicer than the other cinemas in bath which is a bonus!!