“Sushi making workshop”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2018

My daughter and I have just been on the sushi making workshop and I would highly recommend it. Ash was teaching us today and he was happy to show you as many times as you needed and was very friendly which puts you at ease to enjoy sushi making. You get to take all the sushi you make home which is a lot of sushi, we had ours for tea and have as much again for tomorrow and my husband got some too. Great fresh ingredients with a variety of different sushi. You also get a booklet and your rolling mat to take home.

We are already talking about another yo sushi workshop. Great value for money.

Team-YO, Manager at YO! Sushi - Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your Sushi School in Bath.
I’m so glad you enjoyed the Sushi School and all the great Sushi you made to take home.
I will pass on the good feedback to the rest of the team and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch and this branch is an appalling example of Yo Sushi as a brand. Slow service, awful sinewy sushi (looked like it had been made by someone on their first day) and revolting toilets. Not helped by family seated at the end of the bar who allowed their children to constantly ‘play’ with the food coming past, most dishes had been picked up and put back by the time they reached us. I’ve visited a number of different Yo Sushi so I know this isn’t how they operate but this particular branch needs some serious attention from Management. Until then.....AVOID!! Go to Wagamama in the meantime.

2  Thank Jacqui B
Team-YO, Manager at YO! Sushi - Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Jacqui,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent visit to our restaurant in Bath We value all our guests feedback as it gives us the chance to resolve issues. We as a team aim to provide our guests with a fantastic experience and I’m very disappointed to hear that the food wasn’t of the usual high standard that you should have received from YO!
Could you please contact the restaurant directly on yo.bath@yosushi.com so we can resolve the issues you have raised in your feedback.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I visited today and the food was the best I've had from the restaurants, the chef did an amazing job and the service was really friendly and helpful! Love coming here.

Team-YO, Manager at YO! Sushi - Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Dear Hannah,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent visit to our restaurant in Bath We value all our guests feedback.
I’m so glad you enjoyed your visit to Bath YO!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

A Friend and I decided to go for Sushi on Saturday afternoon and whilst the food was great the service wasn't. After walking in and waiting to be seated (as per the usual in Yo Sushi) we looked around and it was pretty quiet. We could see two servers both who seemed to acknowledge us but continued to go about their usual duties. We thought maybe they were cleaning a table for us to sit at but there were plenty available. When we were finally acknowledged it was from the restaurant floor - the lady called over asking us to take a seat, rather than seating us.. but this was fine.

When we were seated she was rather unfriendly, gave us our menus and walked away. After we decided what we wanted we pressed the service button and found ours was not working. Again we made eye contact and tried to call somebody over but was met with nothing. After about 10-15minutes the server returned to our table. When I mentioned the button was working she told us she knew and asked us just to 'put up our hand' if we needed her. - There were several tables and we were confused as to why we weren't moved to make the process a little easier.

When ordering squid we were told ' we have no squid' abruptly and quite rude. She continued to be rather condescending when we placed out order.

The chef's who passed us over our cooked food were polite and welcoming but again we had a problem trying to flag the staff down to order something more so in the end we gave up and decided we would get the bill instead. Trying to get the bill also took a good 10 minutes because of our service button not working...

During the whole time the servers seemed to stand together at the end of the service bar and talk, quite loudly with our server talking about how tired she was and moaning about several parts of her day (loud enough for us all to hear).

With about 4 tables in total in whilst we were there, I can't even put this down to stress among a busy shift. I don't feel like we would return despite the food being great. We felt like we shouldn't be there.
Dissapointing.

Team-YO, Manager at YO! Sushi - Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear R1295,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent visit to our restaurant in Bath We value all our guests feedback as it gives us the chance to resolve issues. We as a team aim to provide our guests with a fantastic experience and I’m very disappointed to hear that the service wasn’t of the usual high standard that you should have received from YO!

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Not sure how I would describe what was supposed to be the wasabi with my lunch today, pale green with a very odd powdery texture, not like any wasabi I’ve ever tasted before. Wondered if it was it really wasabi? The aubergine was ok as was the squid and we liked our waitress who was very nice indeed

Team-YO, Manager at YO! Sushi - Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Dordee,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent visit to our restaurant in Bath We value all our guests feedback as it gives us the chance to resolve issues. We as a team aim to provide our guests with a fantastic experience and I’m very disappointed to hear that the wasabi wasn’t of the usual high standard that you should have received from YO!

Are Wasabi is made from a powder which we add water so I am sorry that it was not mixed correctly.
Thank you for the good feedback regarding your waitress we aim to give the best YO! experience so I will feed this back to the team.
We look forward to seeing you in the future
Assistant General Manager.