All reviews sister hotel four poster champagne breakfast travelzoo deal slipper bath wet room afternoon tea on arrival number bus bus stop kippers ground coffee beau nash poster room city centre garden suite cream tea
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Really nice hotel. Characteristic and pleasant. Good breakfasts. Ideal location. Great staff helping out. Bus into Bath easily accessible. 10 minutes into the centre. Would come again and again and again

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
PatronHandR, Manager at Bailbrook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you for your review and for awarding us 5 stars.

I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again and again and again!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

My fiancée and I stayed at Bailbrook Lodge for two nights as a birthday treat for me! The staff and the hotel were superb. The building has real character and warmth. We stayed in a superior four poster room and I would definitely recommend people paying a little extra for one of these rooms. The bed was massive and extremely comfortable. The wet room was great too. Yes, the wash basin was in the room, but it did not cause any inconvenience and in fact it seemed quite quaint! We arrived to see chocolates on the bed along with folded bath robes and slippers - really nice touches. The breakfasts were divine and were accompanied with a glass of champagne. The hotel's proximity to the centre of town is good also; just a 10 minute journey into the town centre. The staff could not have been any more helpful or polite.

All in all, we had an excellent time at this hotel and we most certainly will be returning.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gerald P
PatronHandR, Manager at Bailbrook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you for your review and awarding us 5 stars following your stay at Bailbrook Lodge with your fiancée for your birthday.

It was good of you to highlight the quality of our staff and your appreciation of our lovely property with its character and warmth.

I was very pleased that you enjoyed our award winning breakfast and most importantly we look forward to seeing you again which hopefully will be soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed at Bailbrook Lodge this weekend (as a surprise gift for her as it was her birthday).

We really enjoyed our stay in every regard. The Lodge really has character to it (Grade 2 listed building, so sink in the bedroom!) and it added to it's charm.

Breakfast was delicious (with plenty of choice), the staff were attentive, courteous and polite. Special mention must go to Jacqui (apologies if spelling is wrong) who gave us very good information for visiting Bath (we went to the Roman Baths). Her information was 100% accurate and meant we got in and out of the town centre without any stress! Also, the guy who was working on the front desk was really friendly and helpful too. We were running late (heavy traffic) and were possibly going to arrive after 10pm. He called us at about 9:30pm to check we were still going to arrive before 10pm and gave us information about the night porter, if we were late. I thought this was a really nice touch and made us feel very welcome.

I really can't understand these 1 star reviews! Everything was excellent about this place and I personally had the best couple of nights sleep I've had in a long time. I can only imagine some people were expecting a modern hotel, but that is not what Bailbrook Lodge is. Therefore, they're only going to find faults! If you like somewhere with history, charm and character, this place is perfect.

However, the staff and way it is run and maintained definitely merits the 4 star rating it has (I've stayed in hotels with higher ratings and they could learn a thing or two from this place).

Would absolutely recommend staying here and would come back if we were visiting Bath, in the future.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cvd86
PatronHandR, Manager at Bailbrook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you for your absolutely lovely review and for awarding us 5 stars

I was pleased that I was able to give you good information to help you enjoy your visit to Bath.

Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our staff.

It was good of you to highlight the character and charm of Bailbrook Lodge so that others can be informed of our lovely hotel.

Last but not least we look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for recommending us to others.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Booked a weekend deal on Travelzoo met friends there, lovely staff, great breakfast. We were on the top floor and found the shower to be a bit lacking in power but our friends in the garden suite downstairs said their shower was great so would just advise ask not for attic rooms, otherwise really lovely little hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid top floor, poor water pressure
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
PatronHandR, Manager at Bailbrook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Many thanks for your review and awarding us 5 stars.

A particular thank you for your compliments regarding our “lovely staff” and awarding winning breakfast.

I am sorry that you found the water pressure not as good as it should have been on the top floor and this has now been dealt with.

We look forward to seeing you again on a future occasion.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We have just returned from a short stay at Bailbrook Lodge. We had two night in a double room. The hotel is very traditional and not 'grand' as such but it is clean and very comfortable. The rooms have everything needed with comfortable beds and good quality bedding. The staff are lovely and could not do enough for us. The breakfasts were superb and arguably the best we have had in any hotel. My only gripe was that the afternoon tea was very basic and disappointing but that can be forgiven as the rest of our stay was lovely. The location is ideal and the bus into Bath is less than 5 mins walk and they run every 15 mins. We got a taxi back at the cost of £6.90. There is free parking at the hotel. We would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review and awarding us 5 star.

I am delighted to read that you found the bed comfortable and our staff helpful

I was particularly pleased to note that you enjoyed our award winning breakfast and you felt it rated the best you have had in any hotel.

On the other hand I am surprised that you were disappointed with the afternoon tea given that it includes a selection of sandwiches, scones, clotted cream and jam.

Last but not least I am delighted that you will be returning to us and look forward to seeing you again soon.