“What's happened to De Gustibus?”

De Gustibus Italian Delights
Ranked #32 of 638 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: USD 13 - USD 52
Description: Italian cuisine is known for its regional diversity, especially between the North and the South of the Peninsula. Our chef relies chiefly on the quality of authentic ingredients and on the contemporary cooking methods he is so passionate about. The character and atmosphere of De Gustibus Italian Delights is elegant and charming whilst at the same time friendly, warm and comfortable.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Closed for three days last week due to "kitchen equipment problems" and, on our visit last night, there was one person in the kitchen and one front of house, What a comparison.to the last time we went when there were several waiters and a few in the kitchen.
Very odd.Consequently the service was slow and the dishes all came out at different times. On asking what the problem was I was fobbed off with "its holiday time and many of the staff are away".I don't think so. Having said that the food itself was good.If it returns to its former glory I'll be back but if not that's the end of a beautiful relationship,

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Went for lunch with friends before going to the theatre. The starter of poached egg with asparagus sauce was nice but the lasagne was tasteless. My friend and I had never had one like this before. Obviously not cooked as one dish as it usually is. Layers of too al dente pasta with more like cottage pie in between and a white sauce and a Parmesan crisp on the side. Not what we expected.

Unfortunately we were late arriving due to traffic so we were anxious about getting to the theatre on time. We explained this to the waiter who was curt and very unhelpful and we only just made the opening curtain but no thanks to him.

1  Thank Kate L
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

This is my second visit here and I must say I was impressed with the consistency they provide over the dishes.So tasty and original.
Very attentive staff and not to intrusive,they took care of us like we were Royalty,I can say it is the best Italian Restaurant in Bath by far.
Will come back definitely

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We enjoyed our lunch in the Gustibus in Bath. The fried dryed dried cod was delicious and friendly serviced by Luciano. Dirk and Chris

1  Thank Dirk D
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

In my opinion this is a “meh” kind of place and Bath has loads of better options. We had a decent starter but the mains were lacking taste and/or quantity; you need one or the other really.

The ambiance was lacking and the bill was about 10-20% over what I think the experience is worth.

Won’t be going back and wouldn’t recommend.

1  Thank simmchr