“Good food”
Review of Mai Thai

Mai Thai
Ranked #302 of 636 Restaurants in Bath
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Shame about the front of house staff, we were served by a female who looked as if her face would crack if she smiled. The food was very good, the starter arrived quickly and was followed in a reasonable time my the mains, which couldn’t be said when I visited last month and we waited 40 mins between courses. I will get food from here again, but it might be take away, that way I don’t need to sit on the uncomfortable chairs looking at the tacky furniture.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

3 of us visit the restaurant yesterday,ordered £60+ food and drink, they did not give us prancrackers while other tables all have. At the time ordering drinks,the waitress suggest Thai beer (called Chang)£3.90 each, we ordered 2, when the waitress bring the beer, very small 2 half pint glasses, I did not aware any difference until the neighbours tables all come with half pint glasses and a green bottle of Chang beer, clearly a bottle of beer is a lot more than 1/2 pint as the waitress help other tables refill the empty glasses. I don’t understand why serve us such differences. To conclude, not happy visit, I agree other comments, really bad service and discrimination. Won’t come again.

1  Thank zhengmin j
Reviewed 31 August 2018

Mai Thai was our long-term favourite Thai restaurant when it was situated in Pierrepont St, Bath. Full of aromas that wafted out on to the street, and the restaurant itself was cosy; laden with Thai artifacts hanging from the walls, beautifully carved wooden table surfaces underneath glass tops and the sound of musical blendings from different cultures. And I mustn't forget the warmest of welcomes!

How very different Mai Thai is today.

Based in Chelsea St, Weston - this restaurant is a million miles away from the description above. Scant acknowledgment when we arrived and served by a boy who couldn't be bothered to change his t-shirt and jeans.
Where was the traditional dress?
I would imagine the cooking is carried out by the same chefs - the food was good and tasty but where were the welcomes and engaging conversations.
Different people at the helm - maybe from the same family but this completely changed the dynamics and unfortunately, when you remember a restaurant and the number of times you would go to your 'favourite' Thai - this sadly falls short on every level.

As for the restaurant itself, steamed up windows and over bright lighting in the interior never works and dampens your appetite before you even open your mouth.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Delighted we finally found this restaurant. We were regulars in the old premises in Bath and so disappointed when they closed.
Drove 45 minutes to try the new restaurant and we will probably be doing this on a regular basis from now on.
Absolutely exquisite food! Beautifully cooked, delicately flavoured - a real treat for good food lovers!

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I had the #58 with coconut rice and it was truly the best Thai I’ve ever had!!
A lot of care has gone into the decor of this terrific little spot and the prices are fair.
Plus, it was less than a ten minute walk from our stay at The Bathen House.