“Authentic Italian dinner”

Dough pizza restaurant
Ranked #11 of 632 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: USD 7 - USD 18
Description: Bath gets new speciality pizzeria A brand new pizzeria is opened at The Corridor in Bath - but it ain't your average sort. The expert team of Italian chefs do things a little different here, and are anticipating Dough Pizza to be the first joint of its kind in the whole country.There are, in fact, 10 types of dough to decide between, ranging from the traditional kind to hemp, gluten-free and Kamut
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We ate here after visiting the thermae spa, which is close by. The food was outstanding. A great range of authentic Italian dishes (special mention to the red prawn and pesto linguine - amazing!) and interesting twists such as a tumeric dough for the pizza. The choice of beer was good too - not just standard lagers like a lot of places have. The service was top notch too!

3  Thank NorthernHeights88

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Despite its name, this restaurant serves more than pizzas eg. we had the best starters of baked aubergines with cheese, beef carpaccio and cauliflower soufflé. The pizzas are not at all like those from fast food chains, in fact they are gourmet pizzas made with our own choice of doughs! Not forgetting the spaghetti with prawns in pesto sauce.

2  Thank Paulyn W
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great food - we had the the calzone and margarita and both were delicious! Gluten free dough is available with all the pizzas which was very helpful. Staff were nice and the service was very quick. Got quite busy by 7.30pm so I'd probably say book ahead incase to avoid disappointment. Definitely recommend over any of the pizza chains.

2  Thank bril_bevs
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

First of all I’ve had pizza all over the place including all over Italy. I absolutely love the stuff.

I would say the pizza here is very authentic Neapolitan style.

The idea of the more healthy low gi and health benefit bases is a really good one.

I had the turmeric base which gave out a nice gentle heat.

My partner had the hemp base which was slightly nutty and lovely.

I would like to see more variety of toppings but the pizzas are still superb.

The best bit of the meal for me was the starters.

The cauliflower and Gorgonzola soufflé with parsnip crisps was one of the best starters I’ve had. My partners caprese was also excellent.

The staff are very attentive without being overbearing and it has a lovely ambience.

Add to all this the pizza acrobats flinging dough with such verve and panache that you will have a great evening.

Be prepared for a big bill though. This is the most expensive restaurant of this type I’ve ever been to but worth it as a special treat. I had 2 pints of Italian beer. My partner an appletise. The bill was £63.

I would go back if we’re in Bath again.

As vegetarians there is a reasonable choice just more topping choices wouldn’t go a miss for veggies

1  Thank Wessley J
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We scanned various pizza restaurants around Bath and decided on this one as its menu was enticing. We weren’t disappointed having selecting the deliciously crispy and tasty Grano Arso dough base for a margarita pizza. The service was really good, with friendly and efficient staff and the owner was wonderfully engaging and attentive to our needs. This restaurant will be definitely be our first port of call for a meal during our next visit to Bath. I only wish we had the restaurant in Leicester.
Naina