“Great Lyons Burger and chips ”

Lyons' Den Gourmet Burger
Ranked #24 of 401 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Description: Lyons Den burger is a gourmet burger restaurant located in Shrewsbury town centre. All of our burgers are homemade using the best local produce available.
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Arrived on time was greeted by smiling staff. Food was incredible as always, good quality meat in the burger for sure. Will visit again.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Visited last week on the back of great review on Tripadvisor.

Maybe we were unlucky and chose the wrong burgers but my Cajun chicken was dry and lacked flavour, and my hubby’s beef burger was fatty.

Chips were nice, but the coleslaw was just red cabbage mixed with mayo (no carrot).

Staff were friendly and the venue has charm and atmosphere, but we probably won’t re-visit.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

My two sons and I had some lovely milkshakes and a light meal there. Lovely downstairs venue with friendly staff.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely hidden gem. We had the brazzled burger and the Lyons den burger - both tasted fab. I really enjoyed the chips they weren’t greasy or oily. I also enjoy going out for a burger and this place hits the spot with fab service. I will definitely come back

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Not having been for a burger for a while, we went here to try it out. The entrance is down a narrow alley then down stairs to a cellar eating area. It's a pretty small place, low ceilings and small tables, catering for around 4 people per table max.
We ordered nachos to share to start and a bacon cheeseburger and a French Twist. Nachos came very quickly and we were asked if the burgers were OK to come before we finished the starter - that didn't sit too well with me as it meant the whole order took less than 10 minutes to come from point of order.
I wasn't all that happy with the nachos, some part of them had clearly just been taken out of a fridge as it was cold, with only the very top being luke warm.
I enjoyed the burger, it was filling and the chips were cooked well. I do think more seasoning was needed - Lyon Burger do say all they do is add seasoning and cook the burgers but they do seem to be lacking in flavour.
We finished with a couple of coffees. The bill came to around £43, which was pretty reasonable but I now I have tried it, I don't feel tempted to go back yet.

2  Thank Daf_J2014