“Lunch for a vegetarian”
Review of Csons

Csons
Ranked #5 of 401 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Price range: USD 9 - USD 17
Description: CSONS specialises in #LocallySourced and #GloballyInspired seasonal food and drink. This family cafe/restaurant is owned by 4 Crouch (C) brothers (SONS). CSONS is a fun, relaxed and friendly environment that is all about a love of great food, great drink and people! You are always welcome, whether it be for a quick tea or coffee or a delicious lunch or evening dinner.
Reviewed 15 January 2018

The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. Nothing is too much trouble. I went for lunch with a friend who was vegetarian. There was a good selection of vegetarian meals as well as a vegan option. My friend was told that the restaurant could adjust some things on the menu to accommodate vegetarian tastes. A bottle of water is brought to each table (I like this) to drink whilst eating. On the occasion we visited there were a number of parents enetering the cafe with very young babies...the staff moved tables, chairs etc to make room for prams. They also held the door open whilst the prams were pushed through. Very family friendly!!

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

This place is really a cafe. We went for dinner and to be honest it was a bit of a let down. It was lovely inside although not super intimate as you might expect for an evening meal and much more cafe like. It was also almost deserted by 20:30 so felt a bit surreal and being honest detracted quite lot from my enjoyment.

That all said, the food was awesome. Chili cake on hummus was delicious and the roasted cauliflower outstanding (but was far too cold to be super enjoyable). The chorizo cake was also delicious and we had a decent bottle of wine. Truth be told, the atmosphere was really a let down and 55 mins for three courses also felt a bit rushed and cafe like. Great food and friendly service but expensive for what was really just a lovely cafe meal. Hopefully the atmosphere will improve otherwise it's not somewhere we'll rush back to for an evening meal.

2  Thank DRB380
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Daughter and I went for lunch, we've been a few times for dinner too. The food is consistently good with exciting touches and amazing flavours. I had celeriac pakoras with Dahl, not too spicy, great flavour but with gorgeous little extras, I was tempted by the steak sandwich but really pleased with my choice. My daughter had the soup... beetroot and apple; fab colour and homemade bread, all thoroughly enjoyed. The coffee, Square Mile is one the best around with perfect velvety foamed milk. I would highly recommend for something a bit different. Oh and great service too Thank you

2  Thank Debbie G
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Visited Csons for lunch, this was our first visit. Thought the food was overpriced and portions small. We had several small plates + dessert and coffee and we left feeling hungry. Maybe we chose the wrong items, but our bill was £50+ for two persons which we thought was quite expensive for what we received. Maybe next time we will try breakfast as it seems to come highly recommended.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Cracking meal. Very surprised. I was looking to go for a curry and dragged here kicking and screaming. Glad I was. Lovely meal, great service and we all agreed superb food. Well done and thank you for a fantastic meal. The last to leave tonight, gin or water

1  Thank tisque