“Delicious food in surprising surroundings.”
Review of Moli

Moli
Ranked #3 of 406 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Price range: USD 4 - USD 19
Description: Moli serves authentic Chinese dumplings with a delicious dipping sauce and pure Chinese teas. Specials include Dumpling Sharing Platters and a £5 Midweek Deal. We sell loose leaf tea and tea gift packs.
Reviewed 6 November 2018

We were in Shrewsbury looking for a place with vegan food and found Moli by searching online. It was one of several food outlets in Shrewsbury indoor market. The dumplings we ordered were inexpensive and served quickly with a variety of teas on offer. The flavours were delicious and we were able to make up our own dipping sauce. Vegans and non-vegans were pleased with their food and we shall certainly go there again.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

When we arrived slightly early the owner was very rude. Asked us not to sit down and come back. We went back but could not find a seat so sat in a communal area and ordered takeout.
We had various dumplings.
It was awful. They all taste the same and were very bitter.
Never again.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank ksskf73
Reviewed 2 November 2018

I had travelled to Shrewsbury on the train to briefly visit relatives , for my return I had just under an hour until my return train so went in search of lunch . Being near to Shrewsbury market Hall , I remembered there was street food available from several outlets so up I went into the hall . The first hot food stall I saw was Moli , a Chinese food vendor , I saw dumplings on the menu so sat down and ordered Pumpkin & sweet potato dumplings (spicy) . Customers can mix their own dipping sauce from the ingredients on the table , I mixed garlic with soy sauce , vinegar and chilli pepper , it was gorgeous . The waitress had told me that everything was cooked freshly , just like Hong Kong street food vendors , in reality my meal arrived in about half that time . You can order small , medium or large portions , I went for medium which was ideal for me . The dumplings were top notch , beautiful and ultra fresh , I was well impressed and will certainly return , I couldn't wait to tell friends about my gorgeous lunch , always a good sign of great food . To drink , I opted for green tea with bamboo , again delicious and all for under a tenner . Bargain , I'm looking forward to a return visit , give it a try , you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

What an unusual and interesting choice for lunch! Not my usual fare... The dumplings were freshly prepared and tasty. Not sure I got the hang of making the dip myself. I found the flavours almost overpowering, but only due to my untrained palate. Will definitely return for more quality dumplings.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Moli is a small Chinese street food stall in Shrewsbury Market Hall, they specialise in homemade dumplings served with dipping sauce that you make your self with all the ingredients brought to your table.

We went Saturday at about 2.30 and it was packed, we waited for about 20 minutes for a table but it was well worth the wait. All I can say is yum! We shared the mixed platter of 12 dumplings, they included pork with spices and ginger, duck, mushroom and think a beef one! Light fluffy dumplings with crispy bottoms and taste divine. We also had a side oh kimchi, delicious. The light Chinese beer was lovely too, had a nice citrus flavour.

The menu is limited but they are all cooked to order and have vegan options too. The place never stopped filling up and the ladies worked like trojans still with smiles on their faces.

Shrewsbury market Hall has some great street food, freshly cooked and reasonably priced, well worth a visit.