“Sunday lunch”
Review of The Anchor Inn

The Anchor Inn
Ranked #4 of 401 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Proper locals pub with the best Sunday lunch. As close to a home cooked dinner I’ve had, proper home roasted spuds and home made Yorky puds. Also nice to see they have a limited menu on as well if you don’t want a Sunday lunch

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

my wife and I went for Sunday dinner and had a large lamb. Wow, wow,wow. I honestly never thought anyone could cook a Sunday dinner as good as my grandma. Absolutely amazing and loved the food. Will be hanging up our gravy boat and enjoying Sundays in the Ancor from now on.

1  Thank Steve R
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We visited the Anchor Inn a few nights ago. We were a big group of 10 but they accommodated us really well despite the pub's small size and that we hadn't pre booked! The food was lovely and very reasonable. The cook even made my two daughters a pasta dish even though it wasn't on the children's menu. Drinks were also very reasonable and staff lovely. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 29 August 2018

This is a lively pub located in the town. I recommend that you book a table if you want to eat and check serving times. There is a good selection of dishes. I can heartily recommend the faggots and peas. Also dog friendly.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Heard how good this place was but surpassed our expectations. Had a great meal reasonably priced, friendly staff. Will definitely go again