“fantastic time”

Ranked #15 of 409 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Price range: USD 3 - USD 8
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A beautiful, secret garden nestled on the banks of the River Severn within walking distance of Shrewsbury Bus & Train Stations, serving breakfast, lunches, snacks and traditional afternoon teas
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

we have had a lovely time at Lily's - so easy to book for a group, Sandra and the team were so welcoming and the friendly service was great for my friend's baby shower-the afternoon tea was perfect- will be back again.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 2 September 2018

My wife & I visited this tea room last Thursday, it’s located on the banks of the River Severn in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK
We ordered afternoon for two. What we received was a cake stand filled with the most delicious sandwiches, a selection of home baked cakes and my favourite, scones topped with clotted cream and fresh strawberries. Along with this, we also had unlimited (Real) tea and coffee.
The service was very good, courteous and helpful.
We look forward to visiting Lily’s Tea Garden soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Went for midweek lunch with a group of visiting friends, 6 in total. Sat in the comfy armchairs and ordered a mix of food and drink. All delicious and very good VFM. Parts look a little jaded but some would say quirky. Staff were great; the two waitresses were cheery and the waiter's sense of humour suited our style.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

I pre booked a table for 5 of us just in case it might be busy, so glad i did! We meet up for lunch or tea in each school holiday as 2 of us work in schools.As we have had such nice weather i thought we would try Lilys.We received a lovely welcome and we were shown to our table.The place was already busy.I had been before but to a night event there but none of the others had.Very friendly staff with a great sence of humour! We ordered a jug of pimms(£12) we each had a salad or ploughmans and a coffee after and i think we put in £12 each (incl tip) .Good quality food, presented nicely, great setting and so reasonable.We will be back.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Worth a visit. Peaceful surroundings, outdoor garden eating area near the river. Excellent food, generous portions and reasonably priced. All the staff were professional, attentive and friendly. What more could you want. The children were given some bread to give to the birds - nice gesture. Some areas could do with a little TLC, especially the toilet block. On my visit, they were spotlessly clean so this did not detract from my overall experience. I highly recommend this establishment. I was unaware that card payment is unavailable. Paid by cash anyway. For those who have mobility issues, be aware that there are steep steps leading down to the garden area. I WILL return with family next time I visit the area.