“Delicious”

Umai Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #30 of 401 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Price range: USD 7 - USD 33
Description: Umai, is a Japanese restaurant located in the Golden Cross Passage, Shrewsbury.We have a selection of hot and cold food and drink.We serve sushi, bento, noodles and other traditional Japanese dish. We are the only Japanese restaurant in Shrewsbury. Our chef had a work experience of more than 20 years. During this time, he worked mainly in Japan, but also had work experience in Greece and London.
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Been here twice, food was delicious. Menu had pictures to help you choose. For the first time I tried traditional Japanese yogurty drink, it was lovely, also I liked mango rice balls for dessert.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

I have eaten here about 5 times now and each time enjoyed. The service seems to have improved over the times I have visited. The service is slick and friendly. For early on a Wednesday evening there were a lot of customers coming and going. The ambiance was lovely and service friendly.

The food was great as usual and we shared a very nice bottle of wine. The tempura was delicious and fresh as ever. The aubergine was delicious, wish there had been more. I had mushroom rice which was amazing. I could have eaten that alone, but with the prawns was exquisite. I tasted my partners curry rice wow was very tasty as was the salmon teriyaki.

I think the food I have tasted is as authentically Japanese as you can get in this country. I haven't tried the sushi yet. I have to say what I saw coming out of the kitchen looked fabulous. Arigato Goziamasu

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Beautiful food in a stylish restaurant with excellent service. I can’t recommend highly enough. Search this place out of you’re in Shrewsbury, or make a special journey!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Cant believe that we haven't visited this restaurant before. The service was excellent and efficient, and the food unbelievable. All 8 of us thoroughly enjoyed our choices. The menu is extensive and well priced. Will definitely be back...... in the very near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Umai is by far one of my most favourite places to eat in Shrewsbury! The staff are lovely and the food is always excellent - especially the salmon teriyaki!! Reasonable pricing, quick service would highly recommend!!!