The accomodation is tasteful, modern, spotlessly clean and very well equipped. We stayed for a week and had a lovely relaxing comfortable stay. Jane and Julian were there to welcome us and offer help if required but were in no way obtrusive. The welcome pack and fresh flowers were very much appreciated by us, we will miss the super large bed and the fabulous shower and would love to stay at the Granary again if we were in the area.
This is a very comfortable and practical conversion of an old farm outbuilding in a village a few miles south of Ludlow, which is a fine location for exploring Herefordshire and Shropshire, or even Worcestershire or over into Wales.
The facilities were all very good, as was the layout of the building, including a shower the size of a small county. View from the balcony is lovely - made me come over all Vaughan Williams - especially when the piglets are putting on a floor show.
We were very grateful for the cake, coffee, wine, biscuits and other goodies and especially liked the fresh flowers.
Owners were helpful and friendly.
We would stay here again if visiting the area.
Lovely market town with walks and a castle to explore. There was an open air market when we arrived. The vendors had a variety of interesting goods.
Here are just a few of the things we loved about The Granary:
- it is a beautiful building outside and in
- the design and layout really work
- there is just the right amount of space for two people
- the finishing touches including cake, wine and crisps are lovely
- the first floor outside seating area allows great views of the farm and countryside
- the animals are very entertaining; the pigs and piglets were our favourites
- Jane and Julian are so welcoming and friendly
- the area is fascinating; lots of our favourite places and activities, including Ludlow and hill walking
Above all we had a wonderful stay and are really looking forward to our next visit. Thankyou ever so much to Jane, Julian and family.
Not far from Ludlow lots of places to visit, the cottage was beautiful lovely views across the country, perfect place to stay for peace and quiet .