“When Harry Met Sally”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited the rejuvenated Swan Taphouse for Sunday lunch.
All I wanted was a beef dinner my wife wanted vegitarian perhaps even a vegan option if she could as she's transitioning to vegan.
I had THE most amazing brisket beef I have ever eaten in my 40 years.
My wife was given a vegan option our waitress Beck was wonderful giving us so much information and treating us like we were the only ones there.
Tim and Andy the chefs what can I say but you gave me a When Harry Met Sally moment when I ate my Sunday lunch.
Never to have been done before as I am not a foodie.
We will be back xx

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Bit sparse, don’t dress up! Kitchen roll as napkins on the tables! At first was not impressed but service was good and so was the food. Would go again but on a week day after work type meal, not a weekend special...

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Went there at weekend just for a meal and was very impressed by the waitress ( wish I had asked her name!) who was so friendly and smiling . Made us all feel very welcome. Would definitely go back if I was in area again. Food was tasty too and served promptly .

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Visited here the other day for afternoon tea which was booked on groupon (£16 for 2 people). It was okay- three small brioche buns (pulled pork, cheese and egg mayo), ginger/apricot cake, scone and large profiterole each with fruit as decoration. Tea and coffee was pleasant. The cakes were nice and the sliders were ok (perhaps a little dry). Wasn’t bad value for £8pp. The friendly waitress lit the log burner which was a lovely touch- cosy and warming. The establishment itself was a little tired and shabby, however it was a bonus to have a car park round the back!

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Had a groupon for steak dinner and a drink, so went along on monday lunchtime and had a great meal. Great service, good food, whats not to like, we will definately go again