“Fantastic meal and service ”

Cafe Zest in House of Fraser
Ranked #988 of 1,500 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

We went to Cafe Zest yesterday for Sunday lunch whilst shopping in Meadowhall. The service was brilliant, notably from a female staff member with blonde hair wearing a black skirt; friendly and attentive throughout (didn't catch her name but deserves recognition). We both opted for the roast beef and it was delicious. Would happily return here and are looking forward to trying the other meals on the menu. Would highly recommend Cafe Zest based on the fantastic service and great food.

1  Thank Alan J

Reviewed 22 April 2017

I often wonder if the bosses and managers of big concerns like House of Fraser ever get to read the comments and the criticism therein of their in-house catering outlets! I think not otherwise something would have been done about them and this one in particular.

In Meadowhall yesterday and just fancied a few bitings of some sort after a less than brilliant late lunch/early dinner the other side of Sheffield. Popped into House of Fraser after seeing a poster for a salad dish at their entrance that looked quite nice. Found this Cafe Zest tucked away in a corner and immediately thought that it was hidden away for some reason! Anyway, looked deserted with just one assistant cleaning the serving area and lots of empty display cases and barren customer seating. Asked the assistant what time they had closed, thinking it must gave been some time ago and the reply was that they were open still for another 75 mins!

So what had they got at this time - very little, it appeared. No salads, sandwiches and just a choice of two cakes to pick from and drinks. I suppose that there were packaged biscuits etc as well but didn't notice them. Chose hot chocolates and a cherry topped chocolatey piece of cake for us to share.

Apart from the very pleasant server/cleaner, nothing deserved writing home about. The hot chocolates were hot but not piping hot as we prefer. The flavour was not really nice at all but we couldn't really identify what was wrong. Just not right! We have drinks made with Cadbury's hot chocolate powder every night and look forward to them but we'd never have them again at Cafe Zest. The cakes seemed old and were pretty tasteless. We like chocolate cakes but the cherries were an awful addition to a rubbish "treat".

The Loyalty card given was straight in recycling when we got home as we would never go here again. House of Fraser, you need to sort this place out! Reading these posts, it us obvious that many find Cafe Zest pretty hopeless and it reflects badly on the store as a whole.

Would have given it a terrible rating but the server was very nice!

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Ordered fish and chips and meat and potato pie.
One of the worst meals we every ordered.
Had better meals in transport cafes!!
The fish was cheap slimy and tasteless
[chips and peas ok]
The pies, pastry raw in the middle and the meat, hard and tough. Total waste of £14.00.
The staff are friendly and the coffee good, but the most important factor ( the chef)
Would not even get a job making Hospital slop.
This was confirmed by another couple
from Ilkley who ordered the same meal and the two women on the next table who left 2/3's of the afternoon tea.

Very very poor

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Called in for Sunday lunch and it was a good meal but the vegetables were al dente / hard instead of cooked which was a shame but lovely decor and have nice coffees and cakes before. Loyalty card available too.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

My daughter and I went into zest at Meadowhall today for some lunch.i had a tuna sandwich with mint and yoghurt dressing.when I stared to eat it it was very dry,when I looked inside the sandwich it had. no butter on it and the tuna was all put to one end to make it look like there was a lot of Tuna in it.it was awful very dry and tasteless.my daughter went and fetch one of the waitress and asked if she. Could change it.she asked me what was wrong I told her it was very dry and there was no butter on the bread ,she said they don't put any. butter on the bread because some people may be allergic to it.what a load of rubbish if anyone was allergic to butter, they would ask for a sandwich without butter surely.you don't have to leave all the sandwich's without butter on them.in my opinion this is just a money saving exercise.Also therewas just a load of wet lettuce on the plate not nice.she did ask if I wanted a replacement and so I decided to have egg mayo well this was as bad as the other they did put some spread on the bread but it wasn't butter had a bit of it and left the rest I will never go in this place again.NOT RECOMMENDED