“Great burritos!”

Ranked #54 of 1,606 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: USD 4 - USD 13
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We love street food - it's fresh, simple, honest. We particularly love Mexican street food, as it's delicious, healthy and packed with flavour! All our salsa and meat marinades are made with fresh ingredients. Our aim is to use locally sourced ingredients, (Moss Valley Fine Meats) we will keep you updated using our website, twitter, instagram and facebook. Come and find us at our licensed canteeds at 90 Arundel Street and 376 Sharrow Vale Road or at one of the events we are attending this summer, every bite is packed with punch and will keep you coming back for more!
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Generous and tasteful burritos (if I'm not wrong I had the beef one),good value for money,we'll definitely try them again!

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

Good burritos, very tasty and lots of filling which is really great. Fantastic cure to a hangover. However should charge so much to add guac! It's a basic burrito ingredient people! That said for sure will be going back

1  Thank Kieran R
Reviewed 5 December 2016

I've been to this place a couple of times. It is what it is - a place to get a quick mexican snack - so the menu is limited. However, it does what it does very well - service is friendly and fast, food is tasty and fresh and portions are good. In addition it has a nice, relaxed feel about it. Recommended for a quick lunch or dinner.

1  Thank Steve_Wise55
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Went in on a flip of a coin and was not disappointed. Burritos large and as hot as I requested with plenty if chicken in. Also ordered brisket quesidilla which had good amount of cheese and plenty of beef. Accompanying sauces spicy.

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

When street food chef first opened this was the spot to grab a lunchtime bite. It was every burrito lovers dream, huge portions and stuffed full of meat. Honestly, it was amazing and I recommend this place to a number of friends and clients.

Now fast forward to 2016 - Large burrito consists of
One (level ice cream) scoop of refried beans, one scoop of meat, two scoops of salad, two scoops of rice. Great for Street food chef but it doesn't represent good value for the customer. Bag of rice must cost 50p and I bet they make 100s of burritos for that cost.

During my recent stay, I thought I must have had a bad burrito! This was after all the holy grail of tasty Mexican goodness. Nope. Only this time I sat near to the serving area and watched them make burritos to the exact portion recipe above.
On both occasions I asked for soured cream ( they don't sell or have mayonnaise) and was charged 50p a pot.
Mexican food is so simple that it practically revolves around 5 ingredients - this place must make a fortune!!!!!

No wedges. Rip off brownie prices and just a dire experience.

The only positive experience about SFS is the staff, very friendly.

Would I visit again? Nope. Try Amigos / bucking burritos - both of these on a similar price point with much better food and bigger portions. Better still, go to KFC / McDonald's and get a full meal deal for less.

Abi G, Owner at The Street Food Chef, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

Hi, I'm so sorry that you have had a disappointing experience with us. Our portions sizes have not changed since we opened, there should be two scoops of meat in a large burrito, as there have always been. And 1 scoop of rice, in a large burrito we make sure that is a heaped scoop. So you may have seen a staff member add a little extra with a second scoop.

Sour cream comes as standard in all our burritos, so if you ask for extra they will give you a pot for 50p.

It is hard to respond to your challenge about making a fortune, as an independent business that makes everything from scratch, we are nowhere near to making a fortune. It is clear though that you did not feel like you were receiving value for money, and this is something that we take very seriously.

We genuinely care about providing the best customer experience that we can, our customers have supported us to where we are today, without you we would have nothing. I would welcome the opportunity to hear more about your experience with us, because if something has gone wrong, we really want to fix it. My email address is abi@streetfoodchef.co.uk, please do contact me.