“Excellent hotel”
Review of Hilton Sheffield

Hilton Sheffield
Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The Sheffield Hilton never fails to impress. The rooms are very comfortable with large screen televisions, very comfortable beds and fantastic pillows (my usual bete noir in hotels). The staff are fantastic, very cheerful but professional and always helpful. Breakfast is excellent with lots of variety and good quality of food. Dinner was also of a very good standard.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dibrickell
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Sheffield and you found the rooms comfortable especially the fantastic pillows!

Your great feedback regarding the Restaurant has also been shared with the team; it is always a pleasure when a guest takes the time to compliment the staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

________________________________________

Reviewed 23 February 2012

When describing the various Hilton hotels I’ve stayed in over the years I usually find myself starting the description with “it was ok but...”. On this occasion I thought I’d have something different to say. Checkin was easy with helpful staff, and the first impressions of the room were positive. Spacious with a comfortable looking bed, large TV and relatively large bathroom without the laughably small bath which adorn so many hotels these days... but when I tried to find the AC in the room I found I couldn’ t. I should point out at this point that this wasn’t due to a lack of effort on my part, nor was it due to poor eye sight or an absence of regular height. The room was instead equipped with a fan which when combined with an open window was sufficient to cool the room on a northern evening. We ate in the restaurant which on our visit was quiet and served good food (my medium-rare steak was cooked to perfection), it must be said that the food took an age to arrive and the waiter wasn’t great at spotting when we needed our plates clearing or our glasses refreshing but all in all it wasn’t too bad.
Overall I’d happily stay in this hotel again, but I’d probably not choose it for a holiday.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was glad to read that you found check in easy and the bedroom spacious. Unfortunately the bedrooms do not benefit from having air conditioning however I was happy to see that the fan helped to cool down the room.

Your great feedback regarding the food has been passed onto the Head Chef and your comments regarding the waiter have also been noted.

I am pleased that you overall you did enjoy your stay and you would like to return back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed here when I had a big night out in Sheffield, pre-booked online so check in took 30 seconds, staff were friendly and polite, the room is decorated nicely (I wanted to keep the brown leather chair but don't think they'd be happy about that....), noise level was minimal, you can hear inconsiderate people letting their door slam but you get that everywhere.

The car park is small so try and get there early at peak days otherwise you have to pay over £13 to park overnight at the nearby NCP.

I would recommend staying here if you can stretch your budget a little rather than staying at the other hotel chains close by.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Sheffield from great staff members to the decor of the bedroom.

We have over 120 car parking spaces at the Hilton Sheffield and I am sorry if you had difficulty in parking. If our car park is full, guests can use the privately owned multi story car park located next to the hotel at similar rates to the Hilton Sheffield.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

We booked to stay at the Hilton when attending a concert at the Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield. Paid £99 for room and breakfast for 2 adults and 1 child in a double double room. Excellent value and good service. All staff were helpful and friendly, easy access to supertram to all areas, including the arena. The little touches were lovely, health spa was lovely, even had dryers for your cossies! Breakfast was out of this world, we stay in hotels quite regularly and this was the best for a long time. The buffet choice was excellent. If I had to mention anything negative it would be that wi fi is not available in the room unless you are a Hilton Hotelier Member, but you could just take your ipad downstairs in public areas if you were desperate. Oh and the beds were a little hard, but not enough to stop us coming again. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on 4th floor and it was fine
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website.

It was great to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to the Hilton Sheffield whilst attending a concert at the Motorpoint Arena.

Your comments regarding Livingwell and breakfast have both been passed onto the Department Managers.

I have taken on board your comments regarding WIFI and chargeable Internet access is available in the room.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stop here maybe ten times per year with my son.Always have a good time.
Pool area not the cleanest but that's down to the patrons not the hotel.
Presently it's 4.37am and I've been awake since 2.30am due to noisy guests down the corridor.Think our Hiton boys weekends may be coming to an end as it's time to find a quieter hotel!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to hear that you experienced noise from other guests during your stay.

The night team will always deal with any noise complaints should they be made aware of them however I am sorry that your stay was marred in such a way.

Thank you for your comments and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton Sheffield in the future.