“Best place in Reading”

Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I am a huge fan of Carluccios, because it has the best food and service in Reading. There are some really friendly staff members, especially the manager, I think her name was Marie or Maria. When I went in there I was made to feel at home. The poor girl looked extremely busy but kept us well informed and the food was quick and well cooked.

1  Thank Luis J
Bogusia K, General Manager at Carluccio's - Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Hi Luis J

Thank you very much for taking time to leave your feedback .

Maria was very happy to read comment and she continues to deliver epic service to all our guests !

Hoping to see you again very soon ,

Ciao

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I came along with my wife and I was greeted with a smile by a waitress by the name of Maria. I recall her name, because I asked at the end because I wanted to feedback to her manager how good her service was. The food was amazing and very fair on my wallet. I had some really nice pasta and a glass of fine wine. Reading is full of restaurants that are formulaic and don't know the meaning of good service. I will be returning to Carluccios to eat some fine pasta and be greeted with a smile by the wonderful Maria. They don't make hosts like her anymore. Brilliant

1  Thank unbaiatcelmaibun

Hi there ,

Many thanks for taking time to leave comment from your visit to our cafe in Reading

Really happy you enjoyed the food and service from Maria . She's a true star and always delivers 100% !!

Looking forward to welcoming you back here soon !!

Ciao

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Visited here recently for mother's day and was disappointed with the service. After being seated it took over 15 minutes to take our order. Food was good but service generally throughout was disappointing. Wouldn't hurry back!

Bogusia K, General Manager at Carluccio's - Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Simon B

Thank you for your recent visit and sharing your experience with us . I am glad you enjoyed the food but I am sorry to hear the service wasn't up to scratch on this occasion .
I would really appreciate if you could give the opportunity to discuss your experience further and contact me at reading@carluccios.com

I very much hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back again soon ,

Best regards

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I arranged to meet someone here for lunch, I arrived before them and asked for a table and got given 2 menus. I managed to order a coffee, the staff seemed oblivious to me wanting to order anything. After over an hour the other person arrived and apologised for the delay. None of the staff were remotely interested and I am extremely dissatisfied with how I was ignored. I was left with the impression the staff are only interested in “ lunch bookings”. I cannot and will not advise anyone to visit here given my recent experience! The coffee was good but given my experience it was not enough to make me go back again. A real disappointment!

Bogusia K, General Manager at Carluccio's - Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear MarkMarten

Thank you very much for leaving a feedback about your visit to Carluccios Reading .

I can't apologise enough the poor experience you received in our restaurant . We aim to treat our guests as friends and family and I understand that we failed on this occasion .
Please be assured that we take all comments and any feedback very seriously therefore I would appreciate if you could provide more details about your visit and contact me on at reading@carluccios.com or call me on 01189583095 and hopefully I will be able to put things right for you .

Best wishes ,

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Nights like these are not advertised too well - dinner and singing at the table during an excellent meal. We have managed to catch several of these evenings and this was by far the best. The doors close at 7pm promptly and the meal is always good, accompanied after each course by an operatic trio, who sing music from stage shows, familiar opera and other pieces. We go with friends, and it's always enjoyable. A big plus is the fact that you can park the car in the underground car park under the restaurant.

Dear Trisha M

Thank you so much for such a fantastic feedback from our last opera night . I couldn't describe it better myself !!
The team was thrilled to receive such a great praise .
Our next Opera Night is on the 23rd of May so would love to see then !

Best regards